More threads by boi

boi

I was thinking about something lately. Ive been going to therapy for nearly 2 years now (I think). I am on meds so Im not really depressed anymore. I know that I still have "feelings" issues. The not feeling anything kinda thing. So when I go to therapy I sometimes have nothing to say. I mean there are things in my past that I have done that Im not proud of but they might not really affect my life now. Only when I think about them I feel guilty usually. Do I mention these things or because they dont affect me now, I keep them to myself. I dont need to disclose everything or do I? Sometimes I think I'm making these things bigger in order to have something to talk about in therapy. Just for the sake of bringing it up. Also, because I am probably a little isolated I dont really come into wierd situations anymore in order to set boundaries. I know I need boundaries in my life but I cant seem to recognize where anymore. I hope I make sense

you don't have to disclose anything you don't want to. i do find for me personally when something is on my mind a lot it probably needs to be talked about, and it really helps me to have a place where i can talk about it. even if it seems stupid or insignificant it never turns out to be that way and i am always glad i brought it up.

Jazzey

Account Closed
Hi Boi, In my experience, if it's on your mind, there's nothing 'insignificant' about it...that's just distorted thinking telling you that 'it should be insignificant'. All in all, definitely worth bringing up with your T. :)

I think if it's on your mind it definitely won't hurt anything to bring it up. You never know where it might lead you. It might really help in some way.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.