More threads by Banned

Banned

Banned
Does anyone else find there are times when you count the seconds between appointments? I feel like Saturday is never going to get here. I've emailed my therapist every day this week because I'm going out of my tree.

There's nothing specific going on. I just look forward to my appointments and right now I feel like Saturday is never going to come. I'm trying to not email him today...I'm not sure I'm going to last though!!!

Peanut

Yes I feel that way too at times...sometimes I feel like I'm drowing in my own problems and thinking about the sessions kind of feels like a life preserver...then when the day finally comes I don't want to go :confused:

That's awesome that your therapist does email though...at least you have that during the week!?

Banned

Banned
Well, it's uni-directional email. He rarely responds, but at least I can get stuff off my chest.

I hear ya about not wanting to go. By the time Saturday gets here I'll be thinking "it's no big deal now". I might ask him to change to tomorrow. It's funny how much of a difference a day makes...

Peanut

Well, it's uni-directional email

Oh...that is definitely not as cool as if he would respond! I guess, like you said, it must be for the purpose of getting things off your chest, and that way you don't have to write everything down and bring it with you and you don't have to take so much time in the session apprising him of everything that has happened. Do you find that is the case (the uni-direction emailing being helpful)? I wish my therapist had email...I actually prefer to communicate that way then say, over the phone.

Banned

Banned
If I send him something really intense I might get a response, but as a general rule of thumb I'm usually giving him a head's up for our next appointment or just unloading.

I called him today to see if I can move my app't to tomorrow. I hope he calls me back. I came home from work because I was too depressed to be there. I hate days like this.

sunset

Wow, it is hard to believe how expensive it is. That cost is enough to give someone more mental problems then they came in with...

Toeless... The above quote from you made me choke on my coffee! You would probably have to have some really good insurance.

Banned

Banned
I went home sick from work yesterday and called and left him a message. He saw me this morning. It was ok - we talked about work, like we always do. When I was leaving he said "see you next week" and I said "yeah if I last that long". I also warned him he's going to get a gazillion emails from me this week.

Peanut

BG- That is great that you got in a little early BG...I hope helped. It sounds like maybe your job is really stressful or hard to deal with for some other reason? I'm very happy to hear that you at least for some temporary relief, a step in the right direction at least. Are you allowed to go more than once a week if you want?

Sunset- :D Does good mental health insurance even exist?!

Banned

Banned
Yep - if I called him and was a mess he would see me. If he couldn't see me in person he'd talk to me on the phone and of course there's always trusty uni-directional email!! I feel better, and even though we didn't really talk about the stuff that was on my mind, it just felt good to dump some of the stuff, if not all of it.

My job is only stressful because I have NOTHING to do....it is so dead, that I spend all day looking busy. There have been some transitions in my company and as a result a bunch of us are left with little direction or leadership, and I know it's silly - but when I come to work I actually want to work!!! Anyway, until things pick up, I'm just going to have to deal with it.

Halo

Hi BG,

I can totally relate to having absolutely nothing to do at work today and yes it is the longest week of my life. I am so bored I keep staring at my computer screen (even if it is blank) with a book open in front of me to look busy. I am also not having a good day at work today. This morning I had so many feelings that I didn't think that I could control. One minute I wanted to scream and the other I wanted to cry. I did get some good advice from some people on here and I am just "white knuckling" it until 4:00 p.m. when I can get the heck out of here. Anyway, hope your week gets better. By the way, I wish I had email access to my pdoc. I started wtih a new one after the old one leaving after seeing her for 8 years once per week and now the new one I only get to see once per month. What a let down it is. Anyway, take care

Nancy

Banned

Banned
Hey Nancy,

Maybe we work at the same company haha. To make my day even better I just opened my frozen lasagna and it's mouldy!! I should take it back and get a refund but i just don't feel like it.

I'm sitting here contemplating sending my doc a long email, but so far all I can do is stare at my blank screen and eat a bowl of fruit.

I hope things pick up for you with your new therapist. I can only imagine how difficult it must be switching from once a week to once a month. I don't think I could do it. My therapist goes away for a couple months every summer, but I see someone else in that time.

Ok, we both only have a couple hours to go. We can do it!!! (Although I have to stay til 6pm cause I came in so late....argh!!!)

Halo

HI BG,

I am so sorry that you have to work until 6. At least I am out of here at 4 today. Good thing considering I have been sitting here doing nothing since 7:30 this morning. I feel like I am going crazy because it is just me and my thoughts. Sorry to hear about your Lasagna. I have one also....imagine going for lunch with 2 people that you are not overly close with and having to sit through lunch (almost in silence) because we have nothing in common. Now the only reason I went was because I really didn't want to be by myself because of the destructive frame of mind that I am in.

Anyway, good luck for the next couple of hours.
Nancy

Banned

Banned
Nancy,

I'm thinking I'm only going to last until 4 today! I don't think I can make it to 6, but we'll see.

I hear you about spending lunch with two people - I get asked to go to lunch with people alot, and I never want to go because I'm not really close to them, I have nothing to talk about, etc. Sometimes I go but I'm like the resident mute...don't say much!

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do this weekend. Oh look - I have three hours (if I stay at work that long) to plan it!

Rosa

I sometimes feel its a long time between appts but its good to know i can likely see him earlier if there were a real emergency which did happen once. Even though the sessions can be hard, I do look forward to getting that kind of support.
Rosa

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.