More threads by Banned

Banned

Banned
So this is kind of embarrassing, but I've never actually ironed anything. Now I'm packing for Greece and I found a pair of wrinkled pants. I remembered when my grandfather died two years ago my mom took the iron from his apartment for me. I laughed - last time I checked, track pants don't need to be ironed. And that's about what I live in, all day, every day. I do not own one piece of "dress up" clothing.

Anyway, I decided to try to iron my pants...it didn't go so well, but after alot of fussing, and water (I heard water helps?) I think I did a so-so job...and then I promptly rolled them up and tossed them in my suitcase. So - the point of ironing them was...??? It only occurred to me after.

Oh well. Maybe next I can learn how to use a blender...maybe....

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
Also, it's usually a bad idea to use a blender for wrinkled clothing. :panic:

Hehe! :)

My blender tip: don't try to use one to make stuffing if your food processor breaks (unless you have a really good one). I tried it the other day and it produced no stuffing but oodles of frustration. The scary thing was that I decided I was just going to have to grind everything together in my enormous mortar and pestle... and I broke it. I didn't know it was possible! :blush:

Perhaps rolling up your pants will actually produce less wrinkles than folding?

Banned

Banned
No need to actually give me any advice on using a blender...I don't actually coook and have no plans to start. I did use the blender once to make a smoothie before work, and I SWEAR I put the lid on, but it popped off mid-blend and well, yes...you can imagine how it went from there. And yes, I was late for work that day.

Sparrow

Frankly, I found ironing kind of therapeutic a few years ago. It really does give me a time for reflection, pause and is contructive at the same time. Until ... I start to burn things:) - Joey -

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.