More threads by Ashley-Kate

Well here it is I would like to go into a treatment center not a hospital but like a group of people in a closed enviroment away from everybody arround me to just get my life back on track does anybody know of any place that is highly recommended
ashley

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Depends on what part of Canada you're in.

In Ontario, Homewood in Guelph has some excellent residential programs -- they also do followup after you complete the program.

How about in quebec I know there is Hopital st0justine the dr Wilkins but I already been there and did not like to be in a hospital
ashley

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I'm not sure, Ashley, but I can try to find out. I'm just leaving here for a few hours -- send me a PM to remind me, okay? I'll check tomorrow.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
The BACA Eating Disorders Clinic is in Montréal, Quebec and provides both residential and outpatient programs. I don't know if it accepts insurance. Its website doesn't say.

(In the US, many private centers provide residential treatment but don't accept any insurance.)

BTW, though you don't like hospitals, Douglas Hospital in Montreal, Quebec has a unit just for eating disorders that may (or may not) be more helpful than the other hospital you went to. According to their website (which is currently down), Douglas Hospital provides a partial hospitalization program as well as a full-time, 24-hour program.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
More information on the BACA program:

BACA Eating Disorders Clinic: Program Director - Tania Lemoine, MSSW, LCSW: www.bacaclinic.com. BACA provides: Residential Treatment, Day Treatment, Intensive Outpatient, Nutritional Counseling, Family Therapy, Couples Therapy, Group Therapy, and Support Groups. BACA operates on a holistic model, their approach integrates cognitive-behavioral and psychodynamic therapies, family work, movement and art therapies, visualization and stress management techniques. These different treatment modalities allow BACA to work with the person as a whole; including the physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs of each client. BACA is a clinic of professionals who believe in the full recovery of eating disorders. At BACA the primary goal is to provide a safe environment for our clients to heal and learn so that they can go on to lead full, meaningful lives, free of weight obsession. Address: 1851, rue Sherbrooke Est, bureau 903 Montreal (Quebec), H2K 4L5. For more information visit the website, call 514-521-9023, or email: info@bacaclinic.com

-----------------

See also:

ANAB Quebec
Quebec Association for Assistance to Persons Suffering from Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia

Offers support groups which include education and visits from professionals, Prevention, and coping courses for loved ones

114 Donegani Blvd.
Telephone: (514) 630-0907
Fax: (514) 630-1225
Email: info@anebque.qc.ca

-------

Douglas Hospital
Eating Disorders Program

"A Comprehensive Clinical, Research, Teaching and Community-Outreach Program" Adult Inpatient, Day patient (2 level) and Outpatient program. Waiting list involved but there is a list everywhere just about. Staff includes Psychiatry, Psychology, General Doctors, Social Work, Nutrition, Rehabilitation, Nursing, and Occupational Therapy. Bilingual, all types and subtypes of eating disorders

6605 LaSalle Blvd.
Verdun, Quebec, H4H 1R3
Telephone: (514) 761-6131 ext. 2895
Fax: (514)888-4085

-------------------

thank you very much for the resources I just finished e-mailing the BACA clinic and I await there reply on the matter
ashley

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.