More threads by Cat Dancer

How does one get the courage to do this out in public? Do you just have to develop an attitude that it doesn't matter what other people think?

Cavi

Janet...For a long time I wore long sleeves and than I got to the point where no-one is any different than me...
They don't walk in my shoes nor I theirs, I am sure they have something in their "skeletons in closets" that their not proud of either...I now wear short sleeves and sometimes I get asked about the scars and I reply with,
"IT's part of my past I would rather not discuss" and I drop it at that...Remember NOBODY is any better than you...NOBODY!....RIMH

Thank you so much for your answer. I like your reply to people too about it being part of the past. I think I am almost to the point of it being part of my past and just wanting so much to be free in all ways from it especially how it controls what I wear.

Thank you again. :hug:

Gemini

I think that it is great if you can get to a point of thinking that it just doesn't matter what others think.

I on the other hand always am thinking, wondering and worrying about what others are thinking about me. It does consume a good portion of my day unfortunately.

I'm sorry, Geminihopes. I guess I'm the same way at this point. I worry a lot about what other people think. I want to get to the point where it doesn't matter as much as it does now. I hope you can too.

One of my fears is running into a family member while I'm out in public with my short sleeves. Or someone else I know. That's a high possibility. I DO NOT want my parents to ever know about what I've done to myself.

Last edited:

Halo

I DO NOT want my parents to ever know about what I've done to myself.

I can definitely relate to that part. I too never want my parents to know what I do and have done to myself.

HA

Janet, I found this blurb about a coverup cream for scars, burns etc. I have not seen how it works but may be something you could look into.

I have a lot of really dark scars on my legs. I'm using a scar-healing cream, but it's not working fast enough. How can I cover up the scars in the mean time?

The finest and most dependable product I know of is DermaColor. It's a highly pigmented camouflage cream designed to conceal scars, burns, and bruises. It can be used anywhere on the body, including the face, and, in fact, contains re-hydrating components that maintain the skin's moisture. Lastly, the tones are so realistic, including a range of hues from yellow beiges for pale skin to ochre browns for dark skin. Here's how to use it:

Begin by warming a small bit of the cream in your hands. Squeeze about a half-inch measure of the cover-up into your palm, and with your fingers, make small circular motions, moving it around and allowing your own body temperature to heat it.

Next, place a tiny bit of the cream on the scar you wish to cover using a patting-rolling motion. I recommend using the smallest amount possible to start, as you can always add more. Because the pigmentation in the product is so high (65%-90% pigmentation), you'll be amazed at how little you actually need to cover even the hardiest scar, including port-wine colorations and dark veins.

When you have the desired coverage, set the cream with a matte, translucent powder. You'll have complete coverage all day. You can even swim in it!

DermaColor costs $25 a tube

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.