More threads by jen83

jen83

hi this is my first message under this topic...

my name is jennifer i am 22, a university student and mother of a 6 year old. ?<specific weight details deleted by admin> I need to lose weight and tone my body. ?I am depressed and have no energy. ?I also have BPD which doesnt help matters. ?My goal is to lose <weight> which according to BMI charts is healthy for my size. ?I dont really know where to start. ?I have yo-yo dieted for the past few years- I'd lose some weight then gain it all back plus more! ?I am at my low point right now and need some help and guidance and someone to keep me on track. ?anyhow look forward to chatting with someone.

- jen

jen83

hi this is my first message under this topic...

my name is jennifer i am 22, a university student and mother of a 6 year old. ?<specific weight details deleted by admin> I need to lose weight and tone my body. ?I am depressed and have no energy. ?I also have BPD which doesnt help matters. ?My goal is to lose <weight> which according to BMI charts is healthy for my size. ?I dont really know where to start. ?I have yo-yo dieted for the past few years- I'd lose some weight then gain it all back plus more! ?I am at my low point right now and need some help and guidance and someone to keep me on track. ?anyhow look forward to chatting with someone.

- jen

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
weight issues

Hello, Jennifer... welcome to the forum.

Please note that I have deleted references to specific weights in your post above. Please remember to be sensitive to the fact that discussing specific weights can be triggering for some members with certain eating disorders - see forum rules.

Thank you.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
weight issues

Hello, Jennifer... welcome to the forum.

Please note that I have deleted references to specific weights in your post above. Please remember to be sensitive to the fact that discussing specific weights can be triggering for some members with certain eating disorders - see forum rules.

Thank you.

ThatLady

weight issues

Exercise is one of the keys, hon. Exercise and a healthy diet should help you achieve what you want to achieve. You must remember that weight loss takes time and effort. If you have trouble staying on track, try getting a friend to join you. Take walks together, do aerobics together, and combine your weight loss program with friendship. :)

ThatLady

weight issues

Exercise is one of the keys, hon. Exercise and a healthy diet should help you achieve what you want to achieve. You must remember that weight loss takes time and effort. If you have trouble staying on track, try getting a friend to join you. Take walks together, do aerobics together, and combine your weight loss program with friendship. :)

Eunoia

weight issues

hey Jen. yo-yo dieting would be the number one way not to lose weight in the LT- as you have probably noticed. It's great if you 1st start losing weight but you quickly put it back on and then it's just frustrating... also it shoudn't really be about dieting all the time but more about finding an eating style with the proper nutrition that works best for you health wise and taste wise. ie. it's a lifestyle change. that's where exercising comes into the play too b/c that definately helps and actually gives you more energy too. you mentioned wanting to lose weigh and toning your body. so you definately want to do exercise for that b/c dieting or just losing weight does NOT tone your body. also keep in mind, as w/ maintaining a diet, in order to maintain toned parts or even get there in the first place, it's not a one day think per year. you have to stick w/ a plan. I agree w/ That Lady that getting a friend to join you w/ exercise and stuff really ups the motivation factor. just remember to do this the right way, that's the most important thing.

Eunoia

weight issues

hey Jen. yo-yo dieting would be the number one way not to lose weight in the LT- as you have probably noticed. It's great if you 1st start losing weight but you quickly put it back on and then it's just frustrating... also it shoudn't really be about dieting all the time but more about finding an eating style with the proper nutrition that works best for you health wise and taste wise. ie. it's a lifestyle change. that's where exercising comes into the play too b/c that definately helps and actually gives you more energy too. you mentioned wanting to lose weigh and toning your body. so you definately want to do exercise for that b/c dieting or just losing weight does NOT tone your body. also keep in mind, as w/ maintaining a diet, in order to maintain toned parts or even get there in the first place, it's not a one day think per year. you have to stick w/ a plan. I agree w/ That Lady that getting a friend to join you w/ exercise and stuff really ups the motivation factor. just remember to do this the right way, that's the most important thing.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.