More threads by making_art

GDPR

GDPR
Vegemite looks and sounds pretty gross to me. Turned my stomach actually...

---------- Post Merged at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:33 PM ----------

And by the way,some rap/hiphop is pretty good. Like Eminem....

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I also enjoy rap and hiphop that I like the sound of, if its not too grossly/mysogynistically/ objectifyingly about b*tches and hos (sorry) and booties, etc.

I assure you it's a generation gap Mr Baxter, otherwise you would surely accept the role of bravado and persona and, indeed, the wide variety of metal-influenced whineyness and screaminess, in the modern music industry... not that that means you'd have to like those characters or their whiny voices. But they've got their place along with everything else stylewise or soundwise that is loved or hated.....

Wait, okay, I'll give that concession to you if you like: let's call it the modern 'sound art plus visual art plus ideas plus personal style art' industry. Maybe that's what the problem is.... Maybe it needs to be renamed appropriately for the more complex thing that it is....

I eagerly await the typical old-person objections.

:D

---------- Post Merged at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:04 AM ----------

(Hmm I hope I'm not being rude though. I should mention that there is no choice for me... in Australia there is an actual law that if ANY goodnatured grey-haired person expresses dislike in any form for any kind of bogan music or related cultural icons, the nearest non-grey-haired cheeky person MUST begin goodnaturedly trolling them IMMEDIATELY.

The penalty of not doing so is... well... let's just say, if it was you guys...you'd only WISH you were being force-fed Vegemite...

Last edited:

Max10

I am way into music and listen to it almost always. My interests are vast, I have over 11,000 mp3's in my collection. Currently listening to Ena Vie 'Heart Of Devotion' album. She is a friend of mine and I got this album from her last weekend after she played at a celebration of life party I hosted for a friend that passed on recently. I like everything from new age to rock to reggae to meditation to lounge and indie....world beat....almost anything besides country and rap-crap...oh ya can't stand opera either. If my mood is at all down Bob Marley erases those feelings as does Dave Matthews Band.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Great song. And the story behind it is rather sad. He was recording an album at the time she died ahd his family and handlers were worried about how he'd react (JT has a long history of depression) so nobody told him until he'd finished the album.

One of his best and most heart/gut-wrenching songs.

Retired

Re: What are you currently listening to? Part 13

If you like the style of Diana Krall, Jane Monheit and Melodie Gardot, you might like the music of Stacey Kent as well:

making_art

Re: What are you currently listening to? Part 13

---------- Post Merged at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.