More threads by making_art

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Re: What are you currently listening to? Part 13

Real Love (The Beatles song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Real Love is a song written by the English rock musician John Lennon. Lennon made six takes of the song in 1979 and 1980 with Real Life, a different song that merged with Real Love. The song was ignored until 1988 when the sixth take was used on the documentary soundtrack Imagine: John Lennon.

Real Love was subsequently reworked by the three surviving former members of The Beatles (Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr) in early 1995, an approach also used for another incomplete Lennon track, Free as a Bird. Real Love was released as a Beatles single in 1996 in the United Kingdom, United States and many other countries; it was the opening track on the Beatles' Anthology 2 album. It is the last "new" credited Beatles song to originate and be included on an album.

well it works lol first time for this i hope i downloaded it ok this way i just cut and pasted it

Retired

Tomorrow I will be attending a concert by the Original Glenn Miller Orchestra . The orchestra tours the world, and at Christmas they return to their home base in Central Florida to give a series of concerts for snowbirds who are of a vintage to be familiar with the music of Glenn Miller.

I was at one of their concerts two years ago, and have been looking forward to hearing them again. They play the original scores of the original band and if you like that kind of music it's a real treat.

last month, I had the pleasure of hearing another concert by the Orlando Jazz Orchestra, doing a tribute to Duke Ellington and Count Basie...again playing original scores.

Guess what will be playing on my iPod the next several weeks!!

Retired

Ah..Moonlight Serenade!!

By far one of the most beautiful melodies of the era, along with Stardust. The GM orchestra opens the concert with the "Theme Version", but I was assured ,in a conversation with Nick Hilscher, the band leader, they would be playing the full four minute studio version tomorrow night.

GDPR

GDPR

I know a lot of people probably don't like Lil Wayne or that type of music.But these are good videos.

Re: What are you currently listening to? Part 11

I like this song. I've also probably watched the "Cars" movie 10 times in the last 4 days. :eek:mg:

Retired

Heard this the other day on XM-Sirius and was curious about Chris Standring. A free download of Oliver's Twist can be obtained from his website.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.