More threads by making_art

Retired

Re: What are you currently listening to? Part 13

If you are of a vintage to have known the music of Roy Orbison, this is the performance called Roy Orbison and Friends - A Black and White Night, recorded September 30, 1987. This video is the full performance, just over an hour, feturing performers such as Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello and Elvis Presley's band members, James Burton and Ron Tutt.

Backup singers included Bonnie Rait, Jennifer Warnes and k.d. lang.

Read the full story HERE and HERE

This version of the video can be viewed in High Definition.

It's one of my personal favorite performances!

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Shame on you David. Axl has a truly unique little shrill screaminess that is just right for his particular brand of dirty eighties pop-heaviness and screamy guitars and redheaded bandana covered silky manes and big denim shorts.You're just mad because you wouldn't be able to get away with these things, because you still haven't grown yourself a nice mature-age-mullet.

Not really, I forgive you.... Maybe it's harder to appreciate if you weren't exposed at a younger impressionable age... Maybe like how nobody but Australians can enjoy Vegemite, cause we start young....

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I've actually eaten Vegemite (I was born in London England) and Axl is still a whiny spoiled brat. I liked many of Guns'n'Roses and I like Slash's guitar work but Axl's voice always sounds to me like it could use a lot more axl grease... :)

It's not a question of generation gaps... I like a wide range of music (and RAP/hiphop is NOT music) but Axl is (a) self-absorbed, a legend in his own mind, and (b) arrogant without the talent to support that.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.