More threads by coccoapuff

Hi,

I just started reading (and I'm almost halfway through) "In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts" by Gabor Mate. So far it's been a great book.

I heard him being interviewed on the radio and I thought the book might be more metaphysical but so far it's been case studies and science. Really good science and case studies however. I like the way he talks about addiction, its not all nature. He demonstrates that nurture has a role also and WE CAN CHANGE. It's difficult but we all have the potential, whether we're 12 or 65, we can be different.

I feel silly writing this but I believe it.

Take care,

Cocco

Banned

Banned
I'm reading The Feeling Good Handbook by Dr. David Burns. It's good for personal growth, and if you want to effect change in your life.

The other book I just finished is Still Alice, the story of a woman diagnosed with Alzheimers in her 50s.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Just finished:

• The Road to Dallas
Current:

• Build Your Own Database Driven Website using PHP and MySQL
  • PHP, MySQL, and Apache
  • Zodiac
  • The Mindful Way Through Depression
  • Feeling Good Together (David Burns for Couples)
  • Solace
I like to read a bit here and a bit there. :eek:

Jackie

The Wild Side of Town by Chris Barnes

Minds Without Boundaries by Stuart Holroyd

AND a instruction manual for my new vacuum:D

Andy

MVP
lol Are you sure you don't want to read up on how you could possibly be hunted Daniel? Might give you a heads up on what to avoid or depending on whether you want to be hunted, of course.

I'm reading,

I know why the caged bird sings, by Maya Angelou.

and

Invisible Girls by Dr. Patti Feuereisen **I would suggest this book to anyone who has been raped or knows someone who has.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.