More threads by AMT

AMT

Hey,

Its been 2 days since i started school back up after the holidays and i already feel like SI. With all the dickheads on top of everything else its really hard... for the last week or so ive been ok... there hasn't really been anything to upset me (much) or at least not bad enough to SI, only thinking about it for a while... but its getting harder and harder now im back and i feel like im fighting a battle im obviously gonna lose, I've tried punching the wall and that works... not for long though and i dont know what else to do, is there anything anyone else has tried?

AMT said:
Hey,

Its been 2 days since i started school back up after the holidays and i already feel like SI. With all the dickheads on top of everything else its really hard... for the last week or so ive been ok... there hasn't really been anything to upset me (much) or at least not bad enough to SI, only thinking about it for a while... but its getting harder and harder now im back and i feel like im fighting a battle im obviously gonna lose, I've tried punching the wall and that works... not for long though and i dont know what else to do, is there anything anyone else has tried?

Theres alot of things that I know people have tried and that I have tried my self. One of them is rubbing ice on the area you want to SI, I dont know how or why it works but it worked for me a few times. Or snapping a rubber band on your wrist. This is what I use now whenever I have feel like SI. Hope it helped some! Feel better hun.

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
Hi AMT,

I've tried lots of different things.. the rubber band, the ice, and they do help a bit. What's worked better for me is to journal my thoughts when the urge arises, because it makes my mind slow down. Sometimes it's very scribbled and angry, but that doesn't matter! Also, when it's written, I can more easily see if my thinking is irrational or unfair on myself. It usually is, and realising that helps me to avoid it. Another thing I tried was to set myself a goal - I wanted to wear sandals (such a little thing eh?) and so if I felt the urge I remembered my goal and how much I wanted it.

Anyway, hope that helps. All the best!
Meg

Meglet said:
Hi AMT,

I've tried lots of different things.. the rubber band, the ice, and they do help a bit. What's worked better for me is to journal my thoughts when the urge arises, because it makes my mind slow down. Sometimes it's very scribbled and angry, but that doesn't matter! Also, when it's written, I can more easily see if my thinking is irrational or unfair on myself. It usually is, and realising that helps me to avoid it. Another thing I tried was to set myself a goal - I wanted to wear sandals (such a little thing eh?) and so if I felt the urge I remembered my goal and how much I wanted it.

Anyway, hope that helps. All the best!
Meg

Im going to use this idea too. Sounds like a good one. Thank you Meg!

AMT

thanks for the advice ill have to try them, i started SI again today for 1st time in a couple of weeks. being insulted all the time at school and having someone smack you around the head every few minutes doesnt really help lol. ill see if the other things work, thanks.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.