More threads by Rosa

Rosa

Is there a point where you can delare victory when it comes to finding the correct med's/dosage?? Since going on this last group of meds (Zoloft/Trazadone/Klonopin/Abilify) I'm really feeling stable and have been for a couple of weeks now .? The higher doze of Abilify was making me sick (no problems since reducing it in half).? Without bursting my bubble, is there a time frame where its safe to say "we got it!!!'?
Rosa

Retired

Rosa,

The goal of medication therapy is to achieve relief from symptoms with minimal disruption of quality of life.? Adverse reactions usually occur within the first few weeks of therapy, though some side effects can develop over time.

Ask your physician about what side effects to expect, as some side effects might not be recognized as being caused by your medication;? on the other hand, listen to your body and if you notice something out of the ordinary or something that causes you to feel uncomfortable, report this activity to your doctor.

What's most important is that you don't discontinue any of your medications without consulting with your doctor, because some meds need to be withdrawn according to certain schedules.

Do you have a good communication plan with your physician allowing you to report on your progress?

Rosa

Thanks for your reply and info:) I keep track of my days everyday and give my doctor the summary each week when I see him. This has been very helpful for both of us. I guess the key is just hang in there and do like you said, report any problems. I guess I just got so excited that the combination I'm on now seems to really be workiing and maybe we finally fiqured it all out. Perhaps thats is true, perhaps not but your right in that communation with my doctor is key.
Thanks again
Rosa

Retired

It's very encouraging to see positive progress which helps in enjoying more good days than bad days.? As your ccondition stabilizes, there will be more good days than bad days and when there might be the occasional relapse, you will know it's temporary and the good days will return.

Communication with one's physician is the key to a successful outcome as you stated.?

Continued good progress, Rosa! :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.