More threads by Ashley-Kate

hello,
about 2 or 3 weeks ago i noticed that my behaviors that were more along the lines of bulimia were slowly decreasing and i was really happy cause i thought of that as a positive aspect but as my purging was becoming less present i was reducing enormously my food consumption to have completely ceased and i am quite worried to say the truth cause as i know my anorexic behaviors to me are very uncontrollable and as i fall into the patterns i feel that as many girls do the more you lose of weight the more you are losing the battle but the more you feel in control and i don't know how to break it and i am using my only moments of lucidity to say this because i feel i am already gone but i just hope some words of wisdom can catch me in my downfall.. cause at the moment i truly hesitate on what my true identity is , Ashley-Kate or anorexia .. i am scared and lost all at the same time
yours truly Ashley

Re: when you know youare losing it

I know it's hard to believe, but you are not this disease. You are suffering from it, struggling with it, but it is not you and you are not it. With a lot of hard, hard work and therapy you can get better, a day at a time.

This article is a good one:

I am more than this disorder

:hug:

ThatLady

Janet's right, Ashley. You are you. The disease is the disease. The two of you are not the same.

Similar threads

“Dogs, lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you're going to lose a dog, and there's going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy or delight in her innocence, because you can't support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There's such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware that it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs...
Replies
Views
Losing Friends to Depression by Therese Borchard December 8, 2012 Sickness never happens in a vacuum. It affects every relationship you have, from your marriage to the bond with your goldfish. While many articles have addressed the breakup of a romantic relationship because of depression, few have discussed the fallout of friendships, which is all too common. At a meeting for mental health bloggers in Boston yesterday, I spoke with the author of the award-winning Depression...
Replies
Views
You may find the following article informative The key points made in the article: Fear of Losing Someone You Love | Anxiety-Schmanxiety Blog - HealthyPlace You may find further insights by reading the entire article. Life is fragile, and any of us can have a unexpected accident or illness that could cut our life short. If you have concerns about the frailty of your wife's health, especially if she would be unable to manage on her own if you were suddenly out of the picture, this might...
Replies
Views
See also: How to Cope With the Loss of a Pet
Replies
Views
Thank you, very good article. I guess, CBT will be practised regardless. Who on earth (or at least on Canadian earth) can afford psychodynamic therapy, I do not know. I went to "psychodynamic" therapy before and 10 sessions did not even get anything started. CBT will likely be more effective than modalities that require hundreds of hours. This is more of a practical/political issue, so sorry for the comment.
Replies
Views