More threads by MaynardJamesKeenan

Im assuming there are at least a few members of this forum who are either depressed or in a life funk. I feel like a lot of times, on the road to recovery, we get stuck. Our personal development stalls out and we begin going through the motions again.

Maybe this wont work, but I just wanted to create a thread where we can see who is trying to pull themselves together and what, exactly, are they doing to get themselves on track.

One idea I had was to list our daily goals right here, for everyone to see, and then check off what we accomplished. Hopefully, some healthy social pressure is the little push we need to get the ball rolling again.

Mari

MVP
list our daily goals

That sounds like an interesting challenge. Maybe you could start. I never know where to start - I do not even remember logging into this forum today but here I am. :heart: Mari

That sounds like an interesting challenge. Maybe you could start. I never know where to start - I do not even remember logging into this forum today but here I am. :heart: Mari

OK then. Heres my daily goal list for April 8th. Not necessarily in order.

1) Wake up at 9:00. Take Adderall. Take shower. Get dressed in nice clothes.
2) Eat at 9:00, 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, 9:00, WORKOUT, 11:00
3) Read 30 minutes in Dale Carnegies "How to Stop Worry and..."
4) Work at 4:00 - 9:00
5) Read friends wedding invitation (this is hard for me for some reason)
6) Go to Boarders to study 1 chapter in PT course.
7) Clean kitchen for my Mom
8) Read 20 minutes of Dale Carnegies... when doing cardio at gym
9) Text friend to work out later in the week
10) Go to bed before 1:00 AM.

Thats it. At the end of the day I check off the ones I did and write a little about why I didnt accomplish my other goals. Then I give myself a grade 0 - 100 on my progress. So if you want, put up your list, and well see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully this will push eachother to accomplish more.

braveheart

My daily goal lists would look more like this -

- Get to work and home again and manage to contain my anxiety.

- Try to keep calm when a customer is demanding.

- Be honest and compassionate with myself in my own reflections.

- Try and connect with people as much as I feel safe to.

My daily goal lists would look more like this -

- Get to work and home again and manage to contain my anxiety.

- Try to keep calm when a customer is demanding.

- Be honest and compassionate with myself in my own reflections.

- Try and connect with people as much as I feel safe to.

If that was your list how did it go? Did you run into any problems? Did you accomplish your goals? If you can, please share any thoughts that you have now that your days over.

For me I blew it. I got a phone call last night with someone offering me a job in the morning. I worked from 9:00 - 2:00 and then from 4:00 - 9:00. I felt more depressed today than I have in the past 3 weeks. I think its because I felt powerless today. My energy focused on work that helps me only in the short term. I worked on nothing that will help me 5 years from now. The only thing I learned is that I need to have control over my daily goals.

I ran into a problem early this morning as well. When working my first job I was offered to do the same thing tomorrow morning. I have a problem saying no to people so I said yes.

Id grade my day a 10/100

Heres tomorrows goals...

-Wake up at 8:00. Take shower. Go to work.
-Tell boss I will no longer work mornings.
-Eat at 8:00, 11:00, 2:00, 5:00, 8:00, WORKOUT, 11:00
-Clean kitchen for Mom
-Take 1 hour nap
-Study 1 chapter for PT Course
-Read from Dale Carnegies book.
-Read when doing cardio at the gym.

Hopefully I do better tomorrow.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.