More threads by NicNak

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Having lived with cats, I think I could have done the same thing with an abacus or hand calculator......

So I would assume that Windows Vista was created based on the Cat brain idea.

It does what it is asked to, only if it feels like it.

Suddenly quits with no notice and flipps the tail at you when you try to coax it back.

Will only do what is asked if rewards are being offered.

:teehee:

Banned

Banned
Re: Simulating the feline brain

I just bought a new laptop and it comes with Windows 7. *Supposedly* it is much better than Vista...we'll see though. :rolleyes:

Banned

Banned

I actually like Vista, but am interested to see what 7 will look like. I likely won't get my computer for a week or so (I ordered it online) so I'm excited to play around with 7. I just bought a new software program though, and I don't know if it'll be compatible. I'll have to check...

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

If you like Vista, you'll appreciate 7 and like most of the added features. It is basically Vista II.

My main peeve is the absence of a built-in email client - Microsoft is pushing people to Windows Live.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Like Outlook Express or Windows Mail, which don't exist in Windows 7. There is now only Windows Live, which is like what Windows Mail was in Vista but different (somewhat different interface, etc).

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I assume you won't be affected, since Outlook comes with certain versions of Microsoft Office. I don't use Outlook because it's bloated and overkill for email.

In XP and earlier, there was Outloook Express. In Vista there was Windows Mail (thank you, Daniel). In Windows 7, nada.

Banned

Banned
I remember Outlook Express...I used it before I started paying for software :rolleyes:. I need all the other programs Microsoft comes with though, so I may as well use Outlook too. My mom uses a cool program called IncrediMail, but I don't know if it's free or not.

It makes sense though that Microsoft would push people to Live. I don't like Live, but I can see what they're doing...

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I like smaller fast-loading software as much as possible. For me, the preference for Outlook Express wasn't because it was free (I owned Outlook along with Office) but because it was small, fast, and not encumbered with features I ddn't need and didn't use.

Banned

Banned
That makes sense. I do use the notes and calendar (well, I *look* at the calendar :D)...I don't use the tasks, and don't sync my Blackberry to it, and therefore don't use the appointments/calendar.

Hmmm...why DO I use Outlook, now that I think of it? I suppose because it's there....

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I like smaller fast-loading software as much as possible. For me, the preference for Outlook Express wasn't because it was free (I owned Outlook along with Office) but because it was small, fast, and not encumbered with features I ddn't need and didn't use.

That's another reason I like GMail Notifier :cool:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.