• Quote of the Day
    "Our job in this lifetime is not to shape ourselves into some ideal we imagine we ought to be,
    but to find out who we already are and become it."
    Steven Pressfield, posted by David Baxter

tony777

I've been with my wife for about 11 years now. The problem is, I have to adjust that to 10. The last year I have slept either on the couch or in the guest room. She checks-out nightly between 8-9:30 & most of the time with the 5 and/or 7 year olds with her. I'm Mr. Mom & then some. I need some advice on how to kick-start this relationship back into gear. (Warning: about a year ago, we were in the pool at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas and she blurted out "This is NOT where I wanted to be on my vacation!" Then, "Oh God, did I really just say that?" No, she's not taking her Lexapro, Deseryl or her Ativan. Should I stuff some in a box of chocolates for her?

David Baxter

Administrator
Young children usually do put some strain on a relationship... but your reference to medications and chocolates makes me wonder if that was a joke or does she have a condition for which those medications were prescribed?

tony777

She was diagnosed with cervical CA when I met her & shortly after underwent surgery to remove affected ares of the cervix. Also diagnosed with gestational diabetes with all 3 kids, but no remnant since then. Strong PMS, weight gain of 40 lbs. since second child (7), ADD as a child (now 35), two stepbrothers passed away due to MD, on/off smoker, diagnosed with depression and accompanying anxiety about a year ago. The Lexapro really seemed to be working, but she quit seeing the psychiatrist because she said he reminded her of her adoptive father. A lot of factors to add up. Actually this list just goes on. But I know there's something that can brighten her up. I just have lost my touch, I guess.

David Baxter

Administrator
How about encouraging her to find a psychiatrist who does NOT remind her of her adoptive father?

tony777

I did. Interesting to note that she had no problem taking a large quantity of samples given me by my psychologist. I mean to say, as prescribed.

Top Bottom