More threads by tony777

tony777

I've been with my wife for about 11 years now. The problem is, I have to adjust that to 10. The last year I have slept either on the couch or in the guest room. She checks-out nightly between 8-9:30 & most of the time with the 5 and/or 7 year olds with her. I'm Mr. Mom & then some. I need some advice on how to kick-start this relationship back into gear. (Warning: about a year ago, we were in the pool at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas and she blurted out "This is NOT where I wanted to be on my vacation!" Then, "Oh God, did I really just say that?" No, she's not taking her Lexapro, Deseryl or her Ativan. Should I stuff some in a box of chocolates for her?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Young children usually do put some strain on a relationship... but your reference to medications and chocolates makes me wonder if that was a joke or does she have a condition for which those medications were prescribed?

tony777

She was diagnosed with cervical CA when I met her & shortly after underwent surgery to remove affected ares of the cervix. Also diagnosed with gestational diabetes with all 3 kids, but no remnant since then. Strong PMS, weight gain of 40 lbs. since second child (7), ADD as a child (now 35), two stepbrothers passed away due to MD, on/off smoker, diagnosed with depression and accompanying anxiety about a year ago. The Lexapro really seemed to be working, but she quit seeing the psychiatrist because she said he reminded her of her adoptive father. A lot of factors to add up. Actually this list just goes on. But I know there's something that can brighten her up. I just have lost my touch, I guess.

tony777

I did. Interesting to note that she had no problem taking a large quantity of samples given me by my psychologist. I mean to say, as prescribed.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.