More threads by Into The Light

i am curious to see people's experiences with their life purpose. have you found yours? if so, how did you find it? does one's life purpose continually change? can you think you've found it only to realize you haven't? how do you know you've found it - is it a gut feeling?

lallieth

.From the time I was little I always wanted to be a mom/teacher and when I had my first child I knew then,that this is what I was meant to do

I am fulfilling both purposes,because to be a mom is also to be a teacher.From day one I loved to watch my children grow and learn,to see their eyes light up with each new discovery and taught them never to loose the joy that comes from learning something new.

I will always be a mother,always a teacher :)

Banned

Banned
I always wanted to be a nun and planned the first 25 years of my life around that. I was accepted to a fabulous community in Michigan but had to withdraw because of depression. Since then the depression got worse and I feel like I have no clue what my life's purpose is. Now I'm too old for most communities (can you believe it - at 34 they won't accept me)...and don't even go to church anymore anyway. I hope training dogs is my life's purpose because it seems that I'm pretty good at it and I've invested ALOT of time, energy, and money into being effective at it.

I keep wondering what I'm going to do for the next half of my life, and haven't quite decided. I never wanted kids and still don't...don't even want to get married, so I'm not sure what to do.

I guess it's safe to say that I don't know what my life's purpose is and I'm going through the motions until I figure it out or it ends. Most days I feel like I'm drowning and spinning my wheels...

Not sure what mine is really, i know one thing was to care for birds took on alot of disabled ones that would have been put to sleep if they hadnt come here,, and save some wild birds so they can be set free and live their lives as they should but thats only a very small part the rest i dont know yet!!

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
does one's life purpose continually change?

I think so. Regarding social purposes, one of my favorite examples is a bilingual woman who, after being diagnosed with breast cancer, decided to start a cancer support group for those who can only speak Spanish fluently.

A generic life purpose that doesn't change would be simply enjoying the experience of being alive.

LIfe's Purpose:
Very Simple answer: To Live and Die..First, we must be aware of the fact that we're mortals
and that one day this life will come to an end. we can make our life as simple or as complex as we want it to be, so I say "shape up or ship out". Try to do the best with what you have and do your best in what ever situation you may find yourself in, Beleive that things will change for the better, .Exchange every - for + in your life .
If life's given you lemons ,make lemonade and drink it."Where there's a will there's a way"
So the purpose of life ,to me is; To do what ever makes you feel good inside and do the best you can with what you have and who you are..
Peace to all,
I wish you all the best:)
BK

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.