More threads by PrincessX

PrincessX

Account Closed
My 10 years old decided to throw all her new winter and summer clothes out and get a new wardrobe. + To throw a big Halloween Party. And get mommy clean and decorate the whole house for her. She even chose a catering company. She also informed me that with her savings (money she gathered around the house) she is getting Halloween Manicure... Tell me about discipline. She is acting out because her father sets her up all the time. Instead of being emotionally supportive, she wants go get as much attention as possible. I am not even sure what the Heck am I expected to do for her Halloween Party. Some parents already contacted me. She gave out official invitations and made it sound like a big event. Ahhh....

You are in charge not your child so if this party is not what you think is right then call the other parents and let them know that it is not happening
Tell your child that next time she wants a party she is to get your permission first setting boundaries now is important

PrincessX

Account Closed
It is somewhre in between in terms of getting permission. I did promise her to have her friends over in a form of a party some time ago, but this was not the best time. And it was as if she was in charge of everything, just because her father is on her side. This makes her think that she can "boss" me around. Poor confused thing.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Yes, it's important that you send a firm message about what she's done, but reassure her that if she is helpful and respectful to you, you can still put together a cool party - within the limits that you decide are appropriate.

The tween years are very pivotal for girls.... Some parents think there's nothing to worry about until the teens. But in my experience it's the few years before that which are more crucial in terms of establishing certain things.

Best wishes with it, PrincessX!

PrincessX

Account Closed
Hey LIT, sorry, I did not update you guys. It was 23 days ago. It went well is all I can say. I really liked ALL her little friends and they ALL seemed so well behaved, I could not believe my eyes! We had some "entertainment", I ordered some food, a few of her friends went with us trick and treating. It went OK. Thank you. It is just, that I had other problems at this time. But, of course, my witch costume made me look really "cool" in the eyes of her friends.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.