More threads by David Baxter PhD

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Best Florida Man headlines from 2020: Animal attacks, crime and more

Leopard mauls man who paid $150 for 'full contact experience' at a backyard zoo.

In a South Florida backyard zoo, a man was mauled by a captive black leopard after he paid $150 for a "full-contact experience" to play with the leopard and take pictures.

The owners of the licensed animal sanctuary were charged by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission with allowing full contact with an extremely dangerous animal and was cited for maintaining captive wildlife in an unsafe condition.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
:lol: yes exactly.

My cat needs a claw trim but I traumatized myself several years ago trying to do that myself and having the poor cat freak out and bleed all over the place. And with the lockdowns, I don't want to take her into the vet unless I have to.

She's not aggressive but her claws are sharp and she can do some rfeal damage when she gets scared or alarmed.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
And with the lockdowns, I don't want to take her into the vet unless I have to.

Our local animal hospital went back to curbside-only service this week. It slows everything down a bit, but I feel like a rich person :D since I never leave the vehicle, even to pay.

We had the chihuahua's nails done since we had been procrastinating on it daily for weeks. It is about as fun as holding a squirrel, even though he has been prescribed 75 mg of trazodone for nail clippings. And the vet techs do a much better job, usually, since he has mostly black nails.

When I take my adult cat to the vet, I usually give her some liquid gabapentin from the vet's office to help calm her down.

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Sept. 22, 2021

LAKE CITY, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man tried to trade in a vehicle from the same dealership he stole it from, police said.

Lake City police responded to a report of a stolen vehicle at a Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership on Monday, WTLV-TV reported.

Employees told officers that a man was trying to trade in his vehicle for a new one. But upon checking the VIN number, they found that the vehicle was stolen from the dealership’s lot a few days earlier.

The man admitted to stealing the vehicle, police said, adding the crime was captured on the dealership’s camera system.

He was arrested on charges including grand theft of a motor vehicle and criminal mischief.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.