More threads by braveheart

braveheart

My anxiety is high today.

Panicky and dissociating. I know why, don't want to explain here. Its mainly attachment related.
I am doing my best to contain it.

Feeling empty. Emotionally speaking.
So eating. I haven't been eating properly the past little while.
Chocolate, which used to be some comfort, now seems to be making my anxiety escalate.

I had some soda bread and rice milk just now, and that seemed to help. Plus I've just taken my meds and will be heading to bed soon.

Any tips on foods that might help comfort, as well as fill me, without making my anxiety higher than it already is?

I always run for the chocolate when stressed or cakes , but one thing I do find filling and comforting is a plateful of steamed veggies (pototoes, mushrooms, courgettes, peppers, carrots) with maybe a little olive oil/ or sometimes some mayo, its very filling and healthy to eat. Pasta is good too. :hug:

Try as hard as you can to eat balanced meals. Food really affects one's mood - and by keeping a consistent balanced diet you can get rid of so much extra anxiety. I think you're right in keeping away from food high in sugar, although it's good once in a while. But if you haven't been eating well, stay away from sugar before you've had something decent to eat, like a meal balanced in protein, starch and veg/fruit. And if you don't have an aversion to hot drinks (like me, always burning my tongue!) drink plenty of herbal tea!

Also, try to eat FRESH food, not prepackaged things - all those preservatives can affect the way you feel.

What I learned from two nutritionists I've had:

• 3 servings of protein a day (ya know, egg, fish, meat, nuts, peanut butter, whatever you like)
  • 4-5 servings of fruit or vegetables (ideally fresh, not cooked)
  • 3-4 servings of starch (pasta, bread, potatos, corn)
  • AND HAVE PLENTY OF WATER TO DRINK! :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.