More threads by foghlaim

foghlaim

I was doing abit of shopping yesterday evening with my daughter... as we got out of the car, i felt my legs go all shaky.. and i thought what the hell!! it felt like they were going to go out from under me.. but i continued anyway, trying to ignore it and shake it off, but as i went round the store, it got worse and began to affect my whole body so much so that my daughter said i think you should sit down.. I was visibly trembling or shaking.. but i was okay in my head,, that make any sense?? .. like all i was thinking at that time is what is going on here.. what's happening (***) then after a while i got kinda scared that I would just collapse (putting one foot in front of the other was getting more difficult) and so got the few things i wanted and then i had to!! go to the car, to wait for the daughter.
anyway.. got home.. even that was scary cause everytime i had to change gears my leg starting shaking uncontrollably, had to put my hand on my leg to get it to stop,, (put pressure on it). at home i eventually had to give up and go to bed.. I couldn't actually stand properly without holding something, and while sitting down i felt suddenly drained!
it's like there was no reason for this, nothing i can think of anyway.. i haven't had a panic attack for a while, (cause i avoid all the potential triggers etc)
today is better ,, a bit anyway, I can walk and drive (almost normally :) )
but i'm just wondering what the hell is going on??
any ideas??

Last edited:
Re: anxiety, stress or just the flu maybe???

Had you eaten properly? Did you get out of the car too quick? Did you breath in something that could have that affect? Like fumes from another car infront. just some questions that come into my head, it could be the flu coming on, ive had strange things happen when Im feeling well and you just end up wondering why? could it be Hormonal? Where you feeling ill before you left the house? Sorry about all the questions they are just ones I would be asking myself:) :hug:

foghlaim

:) it's okay.. i was chatting later on in the night last, and was asked one or two of the above as well, i originally thought it must be because i hadn't had my dinner yet... but i don't usually eat till later.. anyways I ruled that out after i had eaten, the other q'q,,, no, and no..
maybe tis the fliping flu... actually i hope it is in a way.. cause today while i can walk and drive fairly okay, ( i think! ) i'm wary about being out at the same time. Don't want to keep thinking it's gonna get worse again.. unless it's the flu.. lol that i can handle.. lol as in tis only the flu... :)

I know what you mean, when something like that happens for no reason you just worry its gonna happen again, colds and flu do have strange ways of creeping up on you so maybe it is that, another question I ask myself is have i had enough water to drink, sometimes if your dehydrated it can make you feel funny, well I hope it dont happen again and I hope it is only the flu sometimes you get these 24 hour/48 hour virus things that come on you quick and then go:hug: :hug:

Halo

I know that there is a strange flu going around here that gives people the inside shakiness and weakness and it could definitely be something like that. I would say though, that if it continues, I would get to your doctor and have it checked out.

Take care and don't do anything to strenuous today
:hug: :hug:

braveheart

Be kind to yourself ... take things easy.

I have had similar when I get panic attacks, but as you say, you didn't think that's what it was. But medication shifts, changes in eating habits, exhaustion, just plain tiredness, a virus ... can also be the cause.

foghlaim

Looks like the above was actually an anxiety\panic attack.. today similar thing happened as i was driving to town... "this" feeling came over me and my thought then was i have to get home. I did come straight home, (had to I was totally rattled) and it has settled somewhat.

back to square one I think.
it'd better pass off now as quick as it came.. i don't want to feel like i can't go anywhere ... Again!.

:hug:

I used to think an anxiety/panic attack had to have a trigger, but I've been having them recently just sitting in my house-for no apparent reason. Very icky feeling.

I hope it will go away quickly. :(

braveheart

After my big anxiety attack, I tracked my feelings everytime I got the dizzyness again, and I did find that actually, for me at least, there was a trigger. Knowing that really helped.

I hope yours eases off some. I know how disorientating, frustrating etc they can be.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.