More threads by SadGirl

SadGirl

So I got this book that works with post traumatic stress disorder and I have to work through it and it reccomends therapy as well. Id like a therapist that will talk to me online maybe.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
There are a few places that offer that service, sadgirl. One problem is that at present it is not regulated by any licensing board. Caveat emptor. Pay your money and take your chances. You may get a therapist. You may get a wannabe Ann Landers or Dear Abby.

foghlaim

If i read the topic right....
it says Any therapists HERE that will talk to me online...
methinks sad girl means from this forum.
but i could be very wrong.

nsa

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Oh, okay. But I don't think she's talking about a single chat. I think she's talking about online therapy.

I may be misinterpreting her post, of course.

foghlaim

I think she's talking about online therapy.
. i read it the same way, but meaning a therapist from here.

and you could be right also david.. i mean you are the psychologist here.. so your interpretation may me correct.

guess we'll have to wait for sad girl to clarify.

nsa

foghlaim

hey sad girl that's not much of a clarification if i may say so..
expand a little.. if only for my curiousity..

nsa

braveheart

sadgirl, as someone who has PTSD myself, I can say from my own experience of therapy that the most valuable recovery I gain is through the presence of my therapist in the room with me, supporting me as I deal with body memories, deep intense feelings and other things that PTSD involves.

what I'm saying here is, well, I understand your desire (which may perhaps partly come from fear of the therapy relationship...as well as the desire to save money...maybe??...just a hunch...), but imo...things are more complex.....nothing can replace a real human being being there with you alongside your real human feelings. especially with PTSD. where wounded relationships are usually a part.

online support forums like this one are for me, the substitute for group therapy, something which my PTSD makes unhealthy for me.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.