More threads by adaptive1

Banned

Banned
I go to school. No seriously. I do. I have no use for a degree at this point in my life but I love the classes, the teaching, and I absolutely love writing papers. I like the learning, the interaction with others, and the energy. I originally was going to do a psych degree but I took a sociology class and I'm hooked. We don't even offer a soci degree at my university, but I just take the soci classes because they are so incredibly awesome. I just completed a college course tonight in Flight Dispatch, to be a commercial flight dispatcher. And I'm always looking for seminars and workshops to go to.

Dragonfly

Global Moderator & Practitioner
I said "pretty, pretty, shiny, shiny....." My brother said: "Oh. You've named [her] p2s2....."

2010_kawasaki_ninja250.jpg

greenstarz

i LOVE your pages cat dancer! maybe if I can get some scanned in (which is hard because they are 12''x12'' pages, I will pst a few of mine. i will try. thanks for sharing yours. cute baby :)

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Absolutely I would love to answer gardening questions. When and if I retire, I plan to take a master gardener's program. I also take courses - sociology, history - Canadian history in particular, psychology, education courses, English courses - you name it I will take it! A few years ago I took a course on 20th century warfare and weaponry and surprise - I loved it. It was so interesting!
Great scrapbooking samples!

PS My husband's hobby - motorcycles!

Dragonfly

Global Moderator & Practitioner
It's just like horseback riding, only more dangerous :D

ummm .... not sure that is true:

Ball CG, Ball JE, Kirkpartick AW, Mulloy RH. Equestrian injuries: incidence, injury patterns, and risk factors for 10 years of major traumatic injuries. American Journal of Surgery. 193 (5), 2007. Accessed 7/20/11.

Just sayin ......

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Yes, I read that last night. My vet rides in a rodeo, and I think that is basically self-destructive behavior :)

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

"The horse rider is trying to control an animal, which is less intelligent than a dog." ~ Nature.com

So!! it is autumn now.. sometimes while out and about I see a scene which is just amazing\beautiful to me.. autumn colors in their natural glory!!. :)

I have a camera,, maybe I will go take some pics. :)

Retired

AmZ and Always Changing,

Psychlinks has a Photo Album feature for members where you can upload some of your photos. In the headings, under Community, select Album.

Set up your album, name it, describe it and upload your photos..

Limbo

You've inspired me. Thinking I should try to give scrapbooking a go. I've plenty of photos of my cats and all of the pets I've had throughout the years. If I can motivate myself, I may just try this out.

Hi everyone by the way :eek:

... I have a lot of pictures of my cats, which i am making a scrapbook of. You can make them of anything you want. Threre' s a whole huge market of scrapbook materials, some really trendy things, some nostalgic type things, some classic looking things. A lot of different materials to choose from. THings like 3-D stickers, diie cuts, chipbord alphabet letters, cardstock, patterned paper in an enormous selection of patterns. And then there are tools to put eyelets and grommets on the pages as decorations, different shaped brads and little metal tags and signs, and templates to trace out designs, and all kinds of different shaped paper punchers, etc. THere's tons more stuff I can't even list. I have so much stuff that I've collected over the years. A girl I worked with at a bookstore get me started in it. There were times when I went in a manic spree buying scrapbook stuff. So I don't need to buy anything for a long time. I'm trying to get myself to work on it, actually I was goingto try today but havent gotten to it. But I really used to enjoy it.

edited to add: I forgot to say./...what you do with scrapbooking is you take all your memoribelia, and artfully place it on a page in a binder type of book (usually 12''x12" but size can be different) and you use the other materials to help tell the story of what you want to remember. SO if you have apicture or a cat eating, you might get some stickers of cat food and maybe some stickets of a cat playing with yarn, or a die cut of a cats paw, and you arrange it all on the page, and make a heading out of some fun letters that match the papers you used on the page and that match the background. And you use all the stuff to like tell the story that you want to preserve.

I like painting. My first skill is drawing. I have used pencils, charcoal, really high-quality markers, acrylics, gesso, spraypaint, oils, watercolours, watercolour pencils, high-quality pencil crayons, dyes and wax (called batique), pastels, conte crayone, india ink... Painting with india ink is one thing, and then using a nib dipped into the ink is another experience altogether. You can always experiment a bit on paper before you for your more finished look.

Charcoal is messy but fun. I used to get into it literally up to my elbows and then it was really hard to wash off my hands and fingers... And you don't have to limit yourself to a paintbrush as a tool to push the paint around. I've used everything from spray bottles, to elastics, to spoons, string, rope, a shoe, a stick, various palette knives... I've seen people paint their bodies and use their bodies to imprint on giant canvas, I've seen people painting bicycle tires and painting tracks around a giant piece of canvas or wood...

Really can get pretty wild! lol

I used to sing in a choir... I've sung at my family's weddings... I have played the violin, tin whistle, and French horn...

I've made Hallowe'en costumes, clothing, odds and ends...

I've got way too many blogs. I barely keep up on most of them...

I garden... I cook... I bake... Sometimes I get pretty elaborate with my baking... You can make a "3D" cookie by sticking two cookies together with icing and stand it on a larger cookie... You can ice cookies and then ice a cake, and then add the cookies to the cake...

I read, a lot, but more in the winter. I find gardening and outdoor activities take up more time in the summer, and reading, painting, blogging, etc are more winter activities...

amastie

I admire artists and poets, those who can grow a beautiful garden, who live by getting their hands dirty with the smell of the earth and new-mown grass. With none of these things do I feel at home yet I love to see them. My humbs are totally pink and poka dotted (anything but green!) Can't keep indoor plants alive.

As a teenager, I dreamed of one day havin my own home with my own study complete with bay windows looking out onto large green trees, a room lined inside with rosewood bookshelves, each one with glass doors. An extra large table of polished woodgrain sits just inside the windows, and a luxurious, extra large office chair at the centre. Leather trimmed writing pads would sit neatly around the table. Computers never entered my mind in those days. Now, the latest laptop would feature in a corner to itself with the necessary peripherals.

Never did get that polished table with the bay windows, but every time I have moved into a different unit, what was a home quickly becomes an office. The kitchen implements are hidden away into drawers. At hand lies the pens and pencils, the computer of course, the paper.. I love that. And on the computer, folders stretch out in a perfect tree-like structure. Any file can be found easily. Until mum died, my pots and pans were also laid out inside cupboards in orderly manner. When she went, so did much of my motivation, but not entirely. I am still the same girl who makes an office of every space that I live in. It's who I am. I will leave the arts and the earth to others for whom that is home to them and when I am with them, I will live their pleasure vicariously.

Retired

You may have seen the little Corian train I carved earlier in this thread, and attached is a photo of the latest effort. I placed a coin next to it to try to give it some sense of size, the actual dimensions are 8" X 3" X 1 1/2". It's made from 2 pieces of 3/4" Corian, bonded together.

Sometime in the next several weeks, I'll make a tender (coal car) to go along with it.....photo to follow!

Steve

Attachments

• WhiteLoco2011.jpg
    WhiteLoco2011.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 6
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.