More threads by Daniel E.

GaryQ

MVP
Had to look that one up “vegemite” to be sure and true enough discovered it’s exactly what I thought: An Aussie version of English Marmite.

Therefore I agree with gooblax
:yuck:

Marmite looks like black tar and tastes like what you would expect black tar with salt to taste like as far as I’m concerned. Brings back the memory of the traumatizing experience I had when I actually, or rather stupidly, tasted English marmite. Take my word on this one; it’s not in a very small container for nothing! It doesn’t take much at all to know whether your taste buds like it or not! You know where my taste buds stand on the subject :panic:

Now, David Baxter being an “imported Brit” probably loves the stuff like I love Poutine :D

Vegemite + cheese + cracker = best combo for vegemite
It's also alright adding a dollop to soup or spag bol.

However I find that I only want a very small amount - it took me about 4 years to miss it and buy a jar when I moved away from home, and 2 years later that jar isn't even 1/4 used (including when my parents have visited, and they're more into it than I am).

IMG_20181026_180456[1].jpg
(Opening the jar and smelling it did make my mouth start to water though! :eek:mg:)

GaryQ

MVP
^^^^ Confirming my previous comment stating: Trust me on this one! it only takes a tiny bit! Except it’s definitely not a “mouth watering” effect it had on me :yikes:

:eek:mg: Is true... followed immediately by :panic:

And although I have never tasted Vegemite the Wikipedia comment: “like marmite”, which I have tasted, is sufficient to confirm that if it was even just a tiny bit like marmite, (but it’s pretty much the same thing) my previous statement stands: :yikes:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I assume they give it to Australians only to enhance their odds of survival in fighting off all the wild animals.

GaryQ

MVP
Yep, and there be days when you “accidentally” lose count.
Did i put one or two? Must be just one, let’s add another :rolleyes:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.