More threads by Daniel E.

The alcoholic drink you never knew you needed to try:

You can now buy Vegemite-on-toast flavoured alcohol in Australia
URL: https://www.bhg.com.au/vegemite-alcohol-archie-rose-distillery
Better Homes and Gardens
03 MAY 2019

A 'mitey' fine spirit. - by Laura Barry

temp.png

Vegemite is a spread that can divide families. Some love it, some hate it, others are fair-weather Vegemite eaters. Regardless, Vegemite is undeniably Australian, and award-winning Australian distillery Archie Rose has transformed this classic breakfast spread into a spirit.

Available for purchase online and from independent bars and bottle shops from May 8, ArchieMite is a buttered-toast spirit that uses Pepe Saya butter, Sonoma sourdough toast and a mixture of ‘mite’ spreads during the distilling process to create an umami-packed liquer that seems oddly breakfast-appropriate.

According to the website, this is what you can expect from the taste.
“This unaged spirit has a big, mitey character at the front followed by biscuity, bready notes. On the palate you’re given a combination of all three elements coming together - buttery, almost warm, crisp-edged toast with that umami-rich, savoury mite flavour.”

If you want to experience this new spirit in all its glory, visit the Archie Rose Bar on a weekend between May 11 and June 2 to enjoy a Mitey Brunch from 12pm to 2pm Saturday and Sundays, where you’ll discover a range of ArchieMite cocktails.

ArchieMite is a limited edition creation by Archie Rose distillery, and only 3000 bottles will be available for purchase, so you’ll have to get in quick if you want to own this iconic drink yourself. Prices online start at $79 a bottle.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Well, when the cost of living is so low, discretionary expenses are more affordable.

Cost of breakfast: 20 cents (e.g. Australian coffee w/ Vegemite on toast)

Cost of lunch: 40 cents (e.g. Milo drink w/ Vegemite toast)

Cost of dinner: 20 cents (e.g. Australian water w/ Vegemite rice)

Snacks: free (depending on available wildlife)

0519df0a21c9b49411720b7b5775ae18ddf1c8-wm.jpg

GaryQ

MVP
Good thing the camera was behind and not facing "Sheila" or we'd probably gotten a view of her "root canal"
Is it just me or did anyone else find it quite "interesting" for a woman who's dress looked more like a short sweater, had a lot of cue cards that were sexual in nature?

:lol: I did think her dress was a bit short for sitting down in, although I won't comment too much on it since it's what some people choose to wear. Whatever floats their boat if they're comfortable with it.

But the choice of cue cards seems fairly reasonable to me because:
  • Presumably it's for a late night show where people expect that sort of humour, and
  • Some of Australia's best/funniest slang is to do with sexual stuff or uses swear words. I imagine from a longer stack of cue cards the producers just took the funniest ones or most amusing responses.

GaryQ

MVP
:lol: I did think her dress was a bit short for sitting down in, although I won't comment too much on it since it's what some people choose to wear. Whatever floats their boat if they're comfortable with it.

But the choice of cue cards seems fairly reasonable to me because:
  • Presumably it's for a late night show where people expect that sort of humour, and
  • Some of Australia's best/funniest slang is to do with sexual stuff or uses swear words. I imagine from a longer stack of cue cards the producers just took the funniest ones or most amusing responses.

The cue cards alone were nothing it's the correlation between the two. And the way she was sitting. I know it's late night stuff just found it quite amusing although I think I'd av less probems verbally communicating with people in Istanbul than Australia

Have to admit one of my favorite Movie scenes is when Mick Dundee says "That's not a knife, this is a knife" "Ah just a bunch of kids playing around" :lol:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.