More threads by Lonewolf

Lonewolf

Is such a lonely illness! those who don't know me would probably think im just mad and avoid me as much as they can! Then there's the poeple that do know you, make me feel so under valued and guilty because of our behaviours when the illness likes to play games with us!! People don't seem to deal with it!! people don't want to talk about it, in the most part!! As i enter into the deep, dark lonely depression, i battle against suicidal thoughts, every waking minute!! thing is im not afraid of dying, infact i find it very reassurring!! i am weakening with the fight and im sorry!:(

AmZ

I REALLY understand what you are saying. I also have BPD and it is for some reason a lonely illness. Even though I have a lot of people that care about me including my psychologist and doctor, for some reason I still feel alone.

Are you in therapy at this point? DBT is highly recommended as its made for people specifically with BPD. It was put together by a psychologist that herself had BPD at an earlier age and the success rates are very large. Maybe if you're not already doing DBT, then you can look in to the possibility of doing it.

Sending you good wishes. :)

Lonewolf

i have done DBT for over a year! It helped me a little but it is definately not the 'miracle' therapy its made out to be!!! Maybe im beyond help? sorry if i offend anyone!! unfortunately i feel people have given up on me aswell i have? does that make sense? Im sorry!!:panic:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
No it's not the "miracle cure". It's another tool in the therapist's toolbox and it works well for some people, but in therapy there is no one-size-fits-all.

But that certainly doesn't mean you're beyond hope - unless YOU give up on yourself.

Hi just want to say yes it makes sense BPD an illness that is very difficult at times as it pushes people away as they find they cannot help or give you the care you need

One does feel like they are being given up on but as professionals some just do not feel they have the skills to help you so they refer you to someone that does.

I think that in time slowly it is happening the medical field is developing more ways to help people with this disorder as they the professionals are seeing people with this illness in a different light now. They are coming up with new therapies new approaches and are more understanding as well

The most important things here is hun is not ever give up on YOU ok No matter how it feels like don't give up you keep searching out for the support that is out there
You keep advocating for the help you deserve ok

Every bit of therapy no matter how small does help you take something from it and you learn then you move on to another form of therapy that will give you something as well.

Lonewolf

I apologise if i offended anyone with my comments!! Im not in a good headspace at the moment and im extremely angry with the whole, entire world and his wife!! :facepalm:

Retired

thereeper said:
im extremely angry with the whole, entire world and his wife!!

What's going on in your life to cause this amount of distress for you? Do you currently have a support system locally such as trusted family, friends, spiritual adviser, therapist or doctor?

How can we help, here on the Forum?

Lonewolf

I don't know how you guys can help me? I don't have a very good relationship with family so i keep them at arms length all the time! I am petrified of anyone in a position of power or authority- so i think im pretty much on my own in this really!! I feel as if no one understands me, not even me!! :facepalm:Any ideas would be welcome!!

Yes hun people in power authority i too have trust issues with big time but i learned over time hun that somehow we have to let go of the fear and the anger a bit to get help.

You have to really research the professionals in your area to see who could be of most help to you

When you find that person in time you will be able to build a trusting relationship one that is built on mutual respect and compassion

Just know hun not all people in power are mean some are quite helpful and use their power wisely they do hugs

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Hey Reeper! Please don't worry about offending anyone! I am feeling for you sweetie, it sounds like you are very scared to talk or reach out, worrying a lot that you might have offended somebody.

Please don't feel that you have to think that way here. It sounds like maybe in another part of your life you have gotten in trouble for no fair reason, and that is making you very scared and worried to say the wrong thing.

Please don't worry too much here (I know that might be very hard) - but you will not get in trouble for giving offense unless you purposely said something really rude and mean, like directly calling someone here an idiot and that you hate them personally or something. That is pretty hard to do by accident! :) It is okay to say how you feel about experiences you have had. Even if they are not the same as somebody elses experiences.
:)

So try not to worry too much, if you can. :)

And Dr Baxter is a fairly direct person and has a direct talking style, but please remember that is not the same as being offended or angry or anything. :)

Well it is great that you are talking to us! People have a lot of experiences to share, and maybe in time you will get closer to being ready to take those tricky steps of trust... Don't give up on yourself, and remember each little step (like posting here) is a victory! It does move you in those good directions, a little bit at a time! That is still really good! :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.