More threads by dor

dor

I must say I like the way this forum is so easy to use.

I've been riding the roller coster again. I landed the job I wanted and it is working out. So why do I feel miserable at times. There are days I feel good but the bad seems to out way the good most of the time.

I tend to worry alot and become bored easily. Is there anyone out there that gets bored frequently and has to keep busy to forget stupid problems????? I've only been working again for a week and find the job easy and not challenging. Yet I do not want a stressful job. Most people I know are so busy with their lives they do not have time for much. I'm turning 50 in a few months and dread it!!!!! I should count my blessings.

I need to focus on something new in life but What??? Oh well I guess life can be mundane at times.

dor

I must say I like the way this forum is so easy to use.

I've been riding the roller coster again. I landed the job I wanted and it is working out. So why do I feel miserable at times. There are days I feel good but the bad seems to out way the good most of the time.

I tend to worry alot and become bored easily. Is there anyone out there that gets bored frequently and has to keep busy to forget stupid problems????? I've only been working again for a week and find the job easy and not challenging. Yet I do not want a stressful job. Most people I know are so busy with their lives they do not have time for much. I'm turning 50 in a few months and dread it!!!!! I should count my blessings.

I need to focus on something new in life but What??? Oh well I guess life can be mundane at times.

Clockwork

You sound like me. Bored easily, easily distracted. If it's not a challenge you don't care. That's the part that I dread about Bipolar, when I get depressed everything just plain out sucks. I hate my job, my life and everything is black. Do you have Rapid cycling? That is a common problem. Up and down like a toilet seat. One day happy the next sad, the next you feel like superman. Maybe get checked out by a Dr. Finding the right meds can change your life. I have been on so many different pills I felt hopeless and have pretty much hated life. I have been the most stable the last several months since my Psychiatrist put me on Lamotrigine. This med is good for rapid cycling individuals that don't respond to other mood stablizers such as Divalproex or carbamazipine.

Clockwork

You sound like me. Bored easily, easily distracted. If it's not a challenge you don't care. That's the part that I dread about Bipolar, when I get depressed everything just plain out sucks. I hate my job, my life and everything is black. Do you have Rapid cycling? That is a common problem. Up and down like a toilet seat. One day happy the next sad, the next you feel like superman. Maybe get checked out by a Dr. Finding the right meds can change your life. I have been on so many different pills I felt hopeless and have pretty much hated life. I have been the most stable the last several months since my Psychiatrist put me on Lamotrigine. This med is good for rapid cycling individuals that don't respond to other mood stablizers such as Divalproex or carbamazipine.

dor

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets so easily bored (depressed). My doctor placed me on Lamictal and it seems to help. I just increased the dose.

I wish I could find a happy medium. Some days I feel so good and other days I can't motivate myself. I wish there were more good days then bad. I prefer it when I have lots of energy and feel hyper. It's like a high without substance abuse.

When I'm bored at work the hours drag and when I'm bored at home nothing interests me, but I'm hanging in there.

dor

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets so easily bored (depressed). My doctor placed me on Lamictal and it seems to help. I just increased the dose.

I wish I could find a happy medium. Some days I feel so good and other days I can't motivate myself. I wish there were more good days then bad. I prefer it when I have lots of energy and feel hyper. It's like a high without substance abuse.

When I'm bored at work the hours drag and when I'm bored at home nothing interests me, but I'm hanging in there.

Clockwork

I have been more stable since I started taking Lemotrigine with other meds. Before that I was up and down. One day I was ok, the next high, the next depressed and sometimes have swings in the same day (sometimes even several mood swings).

I think it has to do with finding the right meds, or at least the Doc told me that. He said bipolar is one of the more treatable disorders if you take meds.

Seroquel has helped with my sleeping. Sleeping plays a big role in bipolar and I know it does for me.

It sucks feeling depressed. It makes living seem unbarable when I feel that way. What ever I do I can't get out of it. I allways knew the blues would pass by, I just know that it may eventualy come back again at any time.

This is how are lives are and we have no choice but to get the best treatment avalible. Too bad many people stay sick all there lives and never get help. It is not all bad though. Most people I have ran into with bipolar are bright and creative.

Clockwork

I have been more stable since I started taking Lemotrigine with other meds. Before that I was up and down. One day I was ok, the next high, the next depressed and sometimes have swings in the same day (sometimes even several mood swings).

I think it has to do with finding the right meds, or at least the Doc told me that. He said bipolar is one of the more treatable disorders if you take meds.

Seroquel has helped with my sleeping. Sleeping plays a big role in bipolar and I know it does for me.

It sucks feeling depressed. It makes living seem unbarable when I feel that way. What ever I do I can't get out of it. I allways knew the blues would pass by, I just know that it may eventualy come back again at any time.

This is how are lives are and we have no choice but to get the best treatment avalible. Too bad many people stay sick all there lives and never get help. It is not all bad though. Most people I have ran into with bipolar are bright and creative.

dor

I've been in treatment for years. I have a very good doctor and it took time before the right meds were found. I've been much better with Lactimal but I still experience highs and lows. The moods are not as extreme and I feel more stable.

This is my life and I've learned to live with it. The one thing I keep in mind is that the depressive episodes do pass. Sometimes in the same day. It's amazing how my mood can change so many times, even in the same day. I find that certain episodes in life also trigger my moods and I just try to remain positive and focus on the bad feelings disappearing.

I thank God I found a great doctor and the right medication. It took years.

dor

I've been in treatment for years. I have a very good doctor and it took time before the right meds were found. I've been much better with Lactimal but I still experience highs and lows. The moods are not as extreme and I feel more stable.

This is my life and I've learned to live with it. The one thing I keep in mind is that the depressive episodes do pass. Sometimes in the same day. It's amazing how my mood can change so many times, even in the same day. I find that certain episodes in life also trigger my moods and I just try to remain positive and focus on the bad feelings disappearing.

I thank God I found a great doctor and the right medication. It took years.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
dor said:
I've been much better with Lactimal but I still experience highs and lows. The moods are not as extreme and I feel more stable.
That's really the goal, isn't it? I think as a general rule, one wants to be on enough medication to manage the troublesome symptoms and no more. The object is not to prevent you from feeling anything at all but just to limit the intensity of your emotional reactions and mood swings.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
dor said:
I've been much better with Lactimal but I still experience highs and lows. The moods are not as extreme and I feel more stable.
That's really the goal, isn't it? I think as a general rule, one wants to be on enough medication to manage the troublesome symptoms and no more. The object is not to prevent you from feeling anything at all but just to limit the intensity of your emotional reactions and mood swings.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.