More threads by lallieth

lallieth

Do any of you ladies experience cramping during your ovulation? It can be just as bad as period cramps and I feel achy

I use to get a sharp pain around ovulation, now Im going through the menopause so not getting periods so often just hot sweats and other things related to my age.

yes, I am taking birth control pills for Premenstrual Dysmorphic Disorder ONLY, but when you are on the pill you cannot ovulate. When I was not taking the pill, I would experience mild cramping which I think is normal. Along with breast soreness and increased interest in men( who drive me nutty!)
A yearly pap test rules out any thing that may be wrong with you (I know they are very embarrassing)
Before the pill I would get very grouchy and depressed before the period. (Or maybe that was man problems)
Bye for now

miss ex-clean

Retired

Mittelschmerz - The Pain Between Periods

Severe midcycle pain.

Does pain and cramping seem to occur during ovulation? What you are experiencing may be Mittelschmerz. Mittelschmerz is a German word which translated literally means "middle pain." Other words you may hear include: ovulation pain, midcycle pain, menstrual, middle pain, or cramps.
Ovulation usually occurs about two weeks after the first day of your last period. Mittelschmerz occurs during ovulation when an egg is released by the ovaries into the fallopian tube. For about twenty percent of women this causes severe pain and cramps on one side of the lower abdomen. Although the pain may feel like something serious is wrong, midcycle pain or cramps -- Mittelschmerz is rarely serious.

Occasionally, in addition to midcycle pain and cramping, some women may experience nausea, and/or light menstrual spotting. Mittelschmerz lasts for 6 to 8 hours in most women; however, occasionally it can last as long as twenty-four to forty-eight hours.

Taking Care Of Yourself

• Rest.
  • Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
  • Use a heating pad (try making a homemade tube sock heating pad1), or take warm baths to ease the pain.
  • Use OTC anti-inflammatory drugs such as acetaminophen or naproxen sodium.
  • Check your temperature several times a day to be sure you are not developing an infection.
  • Call your doctor is the pain is severe and these self-help tips do not ease your midcylce pain.
  • If you experience midcycle ovulation pain that lasts longer than 2 or 3 days, experience heavy bleeding, or have any unusual vaginal discharge call your health care provider.

Signs You Need Emergency Care

• Vomiting blood.
  • Blood in stool.
  • Increased pain.
  • Faintness or dizziness.
  • High fever.
  • Difficult or painful urination.
  • Swollen abdomen.
  • Difficulty breathing.

Source

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.