More threads by fancy792

fancy792

I've look at both diet and I decided to meet on monday with Weight Watchers and look into their program. The new one with points compare to the traditionel one.

I have to lose 70 pounds, I'm 5'3 and 31 waistline but my weight is very high. I was wondering if anyone on here do it and had success with it?

My bigest problem is not the quantity or the choices but I'm stuck, weight hasn't come down after I come back to this point. I'm extremely discourage and the prior diet that I've posted, I'm still at the same point since 3 weeks or close to that.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I think Weight Watchers is one of the few truly sensible and generally well-thought weight loss programs. I have some clients who have had great success with it.

ThatLady

I have several friends who have had great success with the Weight Watchers program. Good luck to you, hon! :)

Peanut

I have nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying.

I think that's a wonderful attitude fancy! I also just wanted add to wat the others have said and say that I have seen and talked to quite a few women at the gym who have had great success with the weight watchers program. They say that not only did they lose the weight, that the eating healthier made them feel a lot better too. You will have to let us know how it goes! Good luck!

fancy792

Today was my first time. It was open house... it so layed back and friendly...I was expecting everything to be so complicated but it was simple. Next week is week 1!

I'm not sure what to expect but I will go till the end and will see.

If anybody is into any plans and would like to talk about their experiences it would be great!

fancy792

I completed my fist week on the program and I lost 4 pounds. I was very surprise with the past holidays.

Have to set some goals and plan ahead is so far what I discovered.

fancy792

Thank you so much for the words of encouragements! It means a lot!

I know everyone knows how hard it is and it hard to keep doing it as well. One thing that was discuss in the meeting is "How do you feel when people approach you and say ...Oh you lost weight!

I was surprise to see that some are offended and others are please. I would like to find out what?s everyone opinion on this. How do you feel when people comments on your weight?

Halo

Hey Fancy,

This is one area that I have personal knowledge about as about 4 years ago I lost 110 lbs and it was quite noticable. At first people started to notice that I was losing weight rapidly and if they didn't know that I was on a special program to lose then they would ask my family if I was sick. Once they realized that I was losing weight because I wanted to...then they felt free to speak their mind. Most of the people just said that I looked great and asked me how I was doing it. My response was to say thank you (to the compliment) and then explain the program that I was doing. Once I explained the program, that is when people felt that they could express their real opinions to me. I listened to them them but didn't really take it in as I knew what I was doing was a good thing. I really couldn't get over how opinionated people were with whether they disagreed with the program or not.

Good Luck Fancy in your pursuit for weight loss....I have been there. :)

Take Care
Nancy

momof5

Hi fancy,
Congrats on the weight loss. I have a friend who lost over 100 pounds on a very strict diet from the military, she also went to curves for the exercise along with the weight loss.

She goes back and forth now with weight watchers point system and the military diet.

Keep on going with it.

Loosing isn't something that works too good for me, I loose during the winter, but gain back during the summer months with the humidity and water retention.

I'm to the point now, if I loose it fine, if not, take me for who I am ;)

Halo

Hey Momof5

momof5 said:
I'm to the point now, if I loose it fine, if not, take me for who I am ;)

I am so glad that you have this attitude, I only wish that some day I can accept me just the way I am....you are inspiring ;)

Nancy

momof5

Thanks Nancy,

I think partly it is because i have always managed to get back to thsi weight. I'll loose 20 and have only about 20 more to loose, then back on comes that 20, and it isn't from eating too much. I don't eat hardly at all due to my stomach not digesting due to beign a lazy stomach. And bad teeth make it difficut to chew the "good for me foods", so acceptance has to be the only thing for me.

Now that the weather is nice I am going to attempt walks at night for my heart, if I loose weight fine, if not, well as long as I can "fit" into my clothes that I have, lol of all different sizes ;) then I am fine. :)

Halo

Talk about clothes fitting, I just cleaned out my closet and reorganized it....I have everything grouped by size and by fits, doesn't fit but 5lb loss will fit, doesn't fit but 10lb loss will fit and then the pile of what the heck was I thinking when I bought it....that will never fit again. (lol)

Nancy

momof5

Nancy said:
Talk about clothes fitting, I just cleaned out my closet and reorganized it....I have everything grouped by size and by fits, doesn't fit but 5lb loss will fit, doesn't fit but 10lb loss will fit and then the pile of what the heck was I thinking when I bought it....that will never fit again. (lol)

Nancy

LOL!
I have this FAVORITE pair of Jeans that I hope to one day get back into, they fall into the pre last child pregnancy category. I was sooo skinny before I got pregnant with the last child, and go figure, the doc I saw went out of business that helped me with the weight loss. I lost about 80 pounds under him. :(

I have about 40 to attempt to loose. I like the organization part, I should do that! LOL. Great idea.

What about curves Its an all women thing and it a very supportive community.
But hey weight watchers thats good too. Don't know much about it. Good luck with that program

momof5

Thelostchild said:
What about curves Its an all women thing and it a very supportive community.
But hey weight watchers thats good too. Don't know much about it. Good luck with that program
I would suggest both together if possible money wise as the girl I know who lost all that weight did both together for a year.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.