More threads by momof5

momof5

Despite following the techniques mentioned in the begining of this section, my breathing isn't improving lately. Today its not too great. I have the medication, but despite the directions dr doesn't wish for me to take it every 6 hours due to this being a 3rd addictive medication that i am now on. (oxy, and hydrocodone)

Granted much is going on in my life that I have no control over, but this is so frustrating as it makes me feel so tired all the time.

I can't focus on too much lately. Past few weeks my web templates have just sat and nothing has been accomplished on them.

I could really use some addtional advice. Is there anything else that I can do here?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I think a while back you spoke of going for a drive or a walk -- getting out of the house or at least away by yourself for a bit. I suspect that would go a long way. At the moment, there is stress and tension associated with what is happening at home and I imagine that is at least part of the problem.

Even at the best of times, I need periods when I just get away from everyone, all people -- periods of time (often short, like 15-20 minutes) where I don't have to listen to anyone else, talk to anyone else, or think about anyone else except me. That allows me to de-stress and restore myself so I can then go back and deal with it all again. And I don't just mean clients... I mean everyone, including my children.

momof5

I would love to go out, sit at a diner, etc right now, but we are under a state of emergency in NJ, not supposed to be on the roads. argh.

I have made a few trips out this week to visit a friend at the law office. She seems to make my days a bit better. Its good to have a friend to turn to in real life occasionally. And last week, made it a point of going in every day.

Kids, yes, its good to get away from them occasionally, but they can make me laugh, and Adam is pretty good at sensing how i am feeling, he always could for some reason.

Yes, the stress of what is going on here is a bit much. I really didn't need this right now. And I am still very angry over it all. I guess, maybe I should deal with this anger as well, I'm sure trying to repress it isn't helping this any at all.

A walk would be so welcome were it not so cold right now. Wind chill making things worse. (and those crazy eagle fans are out there tailgating in all of this??!!?)

I guess I should just keep the breathing exercises up for now as that appears to be the only alternative till a bit of thaw comes this way. I would say that we got about 18 inches or more of snow outside.

Thanks David. I appreciate your response, and I promise that I"ll get out this week when its safe to walk and drive.

ThatLady

This nasty storm sure mucked things up in a lot of places. I'm sorry where you live was one of them, Mom. Hopefully, things will get back to normal soon and you can get out and about. Like Dr. Baxter said, we all need downtime, even when things are going well.

Hugs, hon. Hang in there.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Ah yes... we are having similar weather. Two days ago, I woke up to hear that the high for that day was going to be -21... THE HIGH???!!!

I'm sort of used to overnight temperatures that cold but when you know that's the best you're gonna get the whole day it's not like anyone wants to leap out of bed with a smile. My first thought was, "What kind of a country has a HIGH of -21? What the hell is our government thinking of?"

ThatLady

Blech! -25?!? That sounds horrible! South Carolina might not be the intellectual capitol of the world but, at least, it doesn't ever get to be -25 degrees! I'm thankful for such small favors. ;o)

Mom, do you have a hobby in which you could indulge yourself? Needlework, or something like that? I sometimes work on making Irish lace or one of my antique textile restoring projects when anxiety is a problem. I find it helps me by keeping my mind off my worries for awhile.

Are you staying hydrated? I know it's probably a silly thought, but I have noticed that I feel better when I drink a proper amount of water. Lately I'm just living off of diet soda, hot chocolate and crackers and I feel horrible. Anyway,I hope things get better for you soon.

David Baxter said:
My first thought was, "What kind of a country has a HIGH of -21? What the hell is our government thinking of?"

:D Funny.

ThatLady said:
South Carolina might not be the intellectual capitol of the world but, at least, it doesn't ever get to be -25 degrees! I'm thankful for such small favors. ;o)

Also funny. :-D

My husband spent the last year commuting to SC. I loved it in the winter, but oh it's so darn hot in the summer.

ThatLady

Yeah, it can get really hot here in summer. Humid, too. But, we live in the western part of the state, in the foothills. It still gets hot here, but not like it gets in Columbia. The past few summers have really been quite pleasant, and our winters haven't been too bad, either. :eek:)

ThatLady

Heh. Coffee, I know, is a diuretic. I think beer is, too. So...well, nope. Those two things will not help you stay hydrated. ;o)

momof5

lol, David, your temps sound a bit cold, makes me feel warm when I woke up to a 56 degree house this morning. Thermostat isn't working correctly, hasn't been for a couple of years. go figure.

My hobby, hmm, sleep? lol, I used to do crafts, but that doesn't happen any more, and I can't seem to find my focuse on the web stuff right now. AFter getting the new pc going etc...

Just took a brief nap, until Adam comes in calling me at the top of his lungs. Made fifty dollars at one persons house clearing out the driveway. I guess I can sacrifce a few z's for his excitment. I guess he ddin't notice that my eyes were closed. Think? lol.

Soon it will be time to get those game snacks going for everyone. I wasn't going to join in on them as I have been sort of comfort snacking past two weeks, stepped on the scale, and actually lost soem weight! Go figure that one out? So I can have some of the goodies as well. mmmm. Enjoy time.

took first dose of medication for the anxiety before I took my nap, but its still not kicking in. I just dont' wish to becme addicted to anything. With all the medictations, this is my biggest concern.

Thanks for the replies, the joking around is fun to see, and enjoyable.

Oh, Janetr, drinking coffee with hot chocloate mixed in it. House is cleared of all alcholic beverages right now. Otherwise I would have something mixed with the game. And I have to admit, I haven't gotten in as much water as I usually do. I usually switch to water by now to get my system hydrated. I get so thirsty that most of the day I have a cup of water with ice melting within. The ice keeps my mouth moist.

Soon game time. Kids are raiding the frdge for lunch now, can't wait till the snacks are out. Eat tons of food these two.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
momof5 said:
I guess he ddin't notice that my eyes were closed. Think?
:eek:) One of my sons when he was little used to come in in the morning and pry open an eyelid with his stubby little fingers and say, "Are you awake yet?"

I get so thirsty that most of the day I have a cup of water with ice melting within. The ice keeps my mouth moist.
My mom used to always have a glass of crushed ice nearby -- she was taking various medications for asthma that dried her out all the time...

momof5

David Baxter said:
One of my sons when he was little used to come in in the morning and pry open an eyelid with his stubby little fingers and say, "Are you awake yet?"

ROFLOL!! that is so funny!

When my 3 oldest were young they used to cook us breakfast in bed. Well, the toast (I am by far not a mornign eater so my children now realize how much I apprecaited those morning breakfasts, lol) was always so good, buttered just perfect, melted so perfectly. THEN we find out James was buttering the bread BEFORE he was putting it in the toaster! Thank God there was never a fire, and sadly we had to put an end to the breakfasts in bed.

In regards to the crushed ice, and medications, I think that they tend to dry out your mouth greatly. I also think this has contributed to my serious dental problems.

ThatLady,
roflol, yes in this house, the men Have made a hobby out of eating!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.