More threads by Cin

ThatLady

Sweetie, I'm so sorry about the loss of your aunt. I know how devastating that must be to you, and to your mother. However, that does not automatically exchange your mother's responsibilities for herself with your responsibilities for yourself. You are not responsible for your mother's inability to attend the funeral. That's your mother's cross to bear, so to speak. She must accept responsibility for her failures, not pawn them off on you. She's an adult and you are not her keeper. The guilt she's attempting to pile on you is her own. She must bear it.

I agree with Dr. Baxter. The situation you describe is topsy-turvy.

ThatLady

Sweetie, I'm so sorry about the loss of your aunt. I know how devastating that must be to you, and to your mother. However, that does not automatically exchange your mother's responsibilities for herself with your responsibilities for yourself. You are not responsible for your mother's inability to attend the funeral. That's your mother's cross to bear, so to speak. She must accept responsibility for her failures, not pawn them off on you. She's an adult and you are not her keeper. The guilt she's attempting to pile on you is her own. She must bear it.

I agree with Dr. Baxter. The situation you describe is topsy-turvy.

Cin

I think i see the situation as topsy turvy...she told me the same things you tboth said. Ive just been re-reading over my posts and it seems im portraying her as a battle-axe. I truly hope you dont see her that way; its my distorted view on things. My mum is still over there, and having trouble getting back, she has to come back before the ticket date, because there was a mix up with the tickts, meaning more money, And shes just asked me to open her letters over the past two weeks...im disgusted..its too much, way too much. And your right, i cant pay this all off, its not mydebt. Its her who should be posting, not me. But, then again this is how i feel. Grief has no limit. I cant say im going to wait for her to finish grieving then leave,, but i have to make a plan and stick to it. I feel bad for singing the same song here constantly, but i feel ive got nowhere to go, including my therapy. i feel he is giving up aswell.

Cin

I think i see the situation as topsy turvy...she told me the same things you tboth said. Ive just been re-reading over my posts and it seems im portraying her as a battle-axe. I truly hope you dont see her that way; its my distorted view on things. My mum is still over there, and having trouble getting back, she has to come back before the ticket date, because there was a mix up with the tickts, meaning more money, And shes just asked me to open her letters over the past two weeks...im disgusted..its too much, way too much. And your right, i cant pay this all off, its not mydebt. Its her who should be posting, not me. But, then again this is how i feel. Grief has no limit. I cant say im going to wait for her to finish grieving then leave,, but i have to make a plan and stick to it. I feel bad for singing the same song here constantly, but i feel ive got nowhere to go, including my therapy. i feel he is giving up aswell.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.