More threads by Krysa

Krysa

I'm scared of the future..
I mean when i think about next year august, i get all nervous and stressed.. let alone think about the rest of my life. I graduate next year July (hopefully)
and ima have to leave the country to go to the netherlands to go to the university and i'm scared of being alone and failing.
I'm scared of the future, i don't know what it will bring, i'm so scared that im gonna mess it up. I'm scared of still being single when i am 30 years old and not having kids and disappointing my parents, i'm scared that im gonna feel lonely, which i do sometimes. I'm scared....:(
What's wrong with me?

ThatLady

It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with you at all, Krysa. You're coming up to a time of big changes in your life. I don't care who you are, where you are, or how old you are - when your life enters a 'big change phase', it's natural to be anxious. The new and unknown are a little scary for everyone. :hug:

Krysa

I don't handle change...very well..
makes me all sad and teary that things are never gonna be the same again.
Cuz finally i've figured out who my really good and true friends are..and then...ima leave...in a year..ima leave them all:(

ThatLady

It's never easy to leave the past behind; however, we have to look at the future as an adventure. New friends will come, and new experiences will bring new fun things to your life. University is a wonderful time of learning and growing as a person. Although it's a little scary at first, I think you'll find yourself looking back on the fears you're feeling now and smiling just a little at how anxious you were. There are a lot of wonderful things ahead for you. :)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
And, in truth, you rarely really leave them all behind. I think you'll be surprised to find out that your real friends will continue to pop back into your life from time to time, just not every day as they do now.

Retired

And, in truth, you rarely really leave them all behind. I think you'll be surprised to find out that your real friends will continue to pop back into your life from time to time

While in high school, I had a best friend, with whom I kept in touch for several years until our careers separated us.

Over the years I tried to regain contact, but due to type of work he was doing and constant relocation, I could not locate him.

When the intenet came along, I tried several searches, but my friend had disappeared. After my retirement from work, I continued to make inquiries, always thinking the worst about my friend's fate, last summer, a former mutual high school friend told me he heard our missing friend was living in the same city as me.

When I checked the phone book, I found a few possibilities, so I began calling and as luck would have it, he was living a couple of miles from my home.

We have gotten together several times now, with our respective wives, and it feels like our friendship didn't lose a beat...after 35 years!

So Krysa, true friendship lasts a very long time and your true friends will be your friends for years to come :)

Retired

Thank you Nancy. The joy this reunion brought me was immense because of the number of years were both trying to find one another in vain.

I feel the same way. I think we're always be afraid but we try our best for the best possible future. I know that nothing bad should happen but there's always a possiblity. Good Luck.

stargazer

That was a great story shared by TSOW, and yes, Krysa, it's a wonderful fact of life that true friendships never die. I'm 53 years old, and I've found that those who are my true friends are the ones with whom I've stayed in touch. Also, with true friends, we can lapse out of each other's lives for years or more, then come back, and be just as strong of friends as ever.

There's also a bit of truth in the adage that if you can count them on one hand, you're lucky. They had me do this exercise when I was in a therapy group once, and I came up with 7, but 2 of them have dropped out of the picture entirely. The joy is in the 5 friends I have.

Also, life is full of loose ends. It just happens! It wasn't meant to tie together perfectly, and that's part of the beauty of it, really. The ones whom you never see again probably weren't your true friends to begin with.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I love this part, SG:

Also, life is full of loose ends. It just happens! It wasn't meant to tie together perfectly, and that's part of the beauty of it, really. The ones whom you never see again probably weren't your true friends to begin with.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.