More threads by sister-ray

This week hasnt been good,, first of all all my support has gone, so have been anxious about that, about shopping on my own, got myself really upset Tuesday evening and wednesday morning, I was suppose to go out shopping and things on my own, I didnt feel comfortable, couldnt find the right clothes to wear or anything, just about as I was to venture out alone my phone rang and they had found me some help just for this week and next, I was so relieved, but have continued to feel anxious, was going to have a chill out day today, read, meditation etc but the people in the flat below have workmen in theres been some noise and smell of paint and things and I cant relax or concentrate on anything, have a headache too, just feeling a bit jittery about stuff, nothings gone right this week either, kettle broke, have sorted that out, iron broke cant afford to replace that, had to sort out a missing and damage parcel, which Ive done now, just wish I could switch of my brain and stop thinking about things, and wish I didnt live in a flat so close to people cant get any peace when I need it, just feeling sensitive just want to relax and chill out a bit.. TTE

Halo

Re: feeling edgy

TTE I am sorry that you are struggling this week but one of the first things that I thought of was music with headphones. Maybe even some meditation tapes etc. that you might put on with your headphones thereby drowning out the sounds downstairs and hopefully relax your mind at the same time.

Just a thought?

Good luck with the rest of the week and take care.

ThatLady

Ish. I hear you about people having work done nearby. There's some building going on on the lot behind my house and the noise really bothers me, at times. Turning the music up, as Nancy suggested, helps some, I've found.

It's really good news that you'll have some help for the next couple of weeks. That will give you a bit of a reprieve while you're feeling so low. Gotta agree with you...brains should come with an "off" switch. ;)

thanks Nancy, ive had my headphones on and it does help, but theres been some loud thudding noise which I can still hear, it goes through the building, its coming up to end of afternoon here so hopefully they will be packing up shortly and going home and I chill out this evening,, best wishes TTE

Thanks ThatLady!! i think humans should have a remote control to turn their brain down a bit :) Living in flats is a nightmare, you get no privacy, and alot of time no personal space, I long for the day I have my own house and own space, i love people but dont like living so close as you do in a flat,, it can be problematic when your feeling ill and want some peace and quiet. i was happy about the help too, but know that sooner or later I have to go out there and do it myself.

Halo

TTE

I also wanted to say that I am so happy for you that you have gotten some help for the next couple of weeks. I know that not having the help causes more anxiety and with the noise and all lately you probably don't need that right now.

ThatLady

Yep. Sooner or later you are going to have to get out there and do it yourself. Having the help now is a good thing because it gives you a couple more weeks to work on being able to do so. Even though you feel anxious and frightened about getting out and doing, once you're able to do so I think you'll be so much more content. Heck, you would be able to get away from all that derned noise!

Yours is not an easy fight, TTE, but it's one that it will be so very rewarding to win. It's a great big wonderful world out there, and I'm looking forward to the day when you can walk out into it without fear. :)

Theres so much I want to do out there, i look forward to the day I can do stuff without fear and anxiety, i get so mad with myself sometimes for feeling like I do, it would be so good to just go out there and do it, not think about it, I hate the way I am sometimes, there have been times when Ive been well, and I wish I could get them back.

Halo

TTE I think that you will get back to those times when you can and are able to get out there and do things but right now you are not at that point. I know that it must be hard but just hold onto that memory of when you were able to go out and about and that may give you the strength to make it there again.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care

Holly

Hi through-these-eyes,
I hope you have peace in the next few days, having renovations going on is a distraction. It is good to read your have help coming, I wanted to wish you the best.
This should make it a bit better, take care :)

ThatLady

through-these-eyes said:
Theres so much I want to do out there, i look forward to the day I can do stuff without fear and anxiety, i get so mad with myself sometimes for feeling like I do, it would be so good to just go out there and do it, not think about it, I hate the way I am sometimes, there have been times when Ive been well, and I wish I could get them back.

You'll get those things back, TTE. You can't help the way you're feeling, so getting mad at yourself doesn't make much sense. You could get mad at yourself if you were doing it on purpose, but you're not. You're working hard to overcome it, and I know you'll win the battle. Just keep striving. :)

foghlaim

TTE: i agree totally with the others here, you will get back to those days.. you just need to have a bit more patience with yourself.

TL, has said what i ws going to type so won't repeat it... (really:) ) just ask yourself.. what does getting mad at yourself gonna accomplish..??? nothng only bring you down okay.

thinking of you
nsa

Halo

TTE, I am also glad that you are feeling a little calmer and hopefully now that the weekend has arrived you will finally get some peace and quiet from the noise that has been going on around you.

Take Care :)

I went for a walk today, in the pouring rain, wanted to get out early whilst it was still quiet out there,, made good use of my new purple umbrella :D, feeling okay today compared with the rest of the week,, thanks Nancy and Thatlady :)

Holly

Hi through-these-eyes,
I am glad your feeling better, the rain can be refreshing and relaxing. I enjoy walking in the rain at times also, I have been know to get soaked.
It happened in Texas once, LOL and it was not a pretty site. I forgot the umbrella, :yikes:
Take care TTE, have a nice day, :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.