More threads by Thelostchild

I have the perfect solution for getting rid of anger and anxiety. so here it is go dig dirt, plant a flower garden, shovel horse manure, running, run as fast as you can. I find that these things help me out. rather than being self destructive.

Peanut

You know, those are great ideas but the whole dirt digging thing does not work for me...it actually causes me anxiety because I get really worried that I might accidentally cut a worm in half with the shovel and hurt it.

I love picking out which plants to get and putting the soil back into the hole though!

Peanut

I thought getting cut in half is how worms make friends...
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

That is not true!

I don't know what exactly goes through the worm's mind but getting cut in half has got to be painful!

Dr. Baxter I hope you are not one of those people who :shudder: puts salt on slugs :eek: I'm starting to get a little worried about you.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Oh. My mistake then. I'm not really an expert on the social life of worms, i'm afraid.

As for slugs, I've never eaten one so I'm really not sure whether they'd need salt or not. A nice spicy beef gravy might be better, or deep fried perhaps.

Peanut

As for slugs, I've never eaten one so I'm really not sure whether they'd need salt or not. A nice spicy beef gravy might be better, or deep fried perhaps.
I have the perfect meal for you...how about salted slugs with beef gravy and that Canadian delicacy that you're always talking about...what's it called...oh yea... POUTINE :p.

Slugs and worms! Now when I was a boy I did not seem to mind them...but now I think they do mind me! LOL!
Do you dig in the dirt with sharp shovels? :shocked:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Slugs don't go with poutine. You need beer and wings.

Do you dig in the dirt with sharp shovels?

Digging in the dirt with dull shovels is extremely inefficient. You might just as well whack away at the surface with worms hoping for erosion.

Well Im not much of a beer drinker? Its an occational thing. I prefere the hard liquire. Do slugs like hard liquire. After hear that slugs like beer I don't think I want to ever drink beer.

Peanut

Oh my gosh I don't know where to start!!

I've heard that slugs are attracted to beer.
:shocked: Attracted but then they sometimes fall in and die!! :shocked:

Slugs don't go with poutine. You need beer and wings
:shocked: I don't even want to know what animal's wings you are eating! :p

Do slugs like hard liquor
:eek: Don't put any out for them!! I'm sure that would hurt their slime coat too!!

I prefer the hard liquor
I don't know what kind of liquor that you drink but I have to tell you about this GREAT drink! It is called a mojito and it is soooo tasty and refreshing. It has Bacardi light rum, club soda, a little sugar, fresh lime and FRESH MINT LEAVES!! It is TO DIE FOR!! You'll probably like too, that it is not that sugary or sweet so it is low calorie! It's perfect for hot days (or dates!!)! OK sorry that was way :eek:fftopic:

Back to slugs, I almost put a banana slug up for my avatar...I even have it saved with my photos. I thought it was very Oregon! :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.