More threads by Sparrow

Sparrow

I'm going to see my doctor next week for routine repeats. My doctor (GP) of 15+ years is great and we have a honest doctor/patient relationship, and knows my history well.
I'm just so scared to go on other meds again if I was more honest. The meds being benzodiazipines (no like + no work), and the honesty dealing with extreme hyper-vigilance. Forget about going outside, I hardly even open my front door to check my mail lately. Pretty pathetic.
And that's not good.. sigh.
Therapy I could go back to with a psychologist doesn't help me around people much, not when I want to lose my own shadow. Even went on a 2 week vacation a while ago...no change. Nerve pills anyone?
Anxiety, stress, ptsd, panic, throw in a dash of cynicism, chronic this, clinical that, and you'll find my regular soup dejour I call... snafu.
I will mention this to my doc like I did before, who knows maybe chlorpromazine is making a return these days and that used to help me.
Tx for reading my thoughts because this forum is a horseshoe in my back pocket. And we could all use a few more of those these days.

Jazzey

Account Closed
Pretty pathetic.

Dear Sparrow - there's absolutely nothing pathetic about you, EVER.:support:

I'm so sorry that you're going through this difficult time. I wish that I had something I could offer, by way of advice, that would be the antidote to your "snafu".

I will offer you a lot of support and, you'll be in my thoughts this week. Please give us an update Sparrow.

My fingers are crossed for you in the following ways::crossfingers:

1. That the doc can actually find a real antidote for the 'snafu';
2. that you actually want your shadow to stick around a little longer - you're definitely someone worth hanging around with ;)
3. that you never use the word "pathetic" in the same sentence as when you're talking about yourself;
4. that the meaning of the words 'cynic' and 'chronic' and their respective consequences, vanish from your life;
and finally, (although I could make this list go on forever for you - give me the word, and I will ;))
5. that you find other horseshoes in addition to this site - you deserve every one of them!

Lots of support your way Sparrow.

PS - give me the word on the list and I'll gladly give you the 'fuller' version!;)

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I am glad your going to see your doc Sparrow and that you have a good patient/doctor relationship. That is so important.

You live in Ontario like me, it is getting dark so early now and it has been so dreary the past few weeks. Could that be keeping you indoors and a bit down? I know for me the past 2 weeks I feel like I am in partial hibernation mode. I need some sunshine, even just for a day or two.

I am sure your doctor will find something that will relieve your symptoms.

I also agree with Jazzey, you are NOT pethetic nor are any of your feelings.

My thoughts are with you. I hope you feel better soon.

:vroom:

Sparrow

Thanks for your thoughts,
The best thing I can come up with is to at least TELL my doctor how I feel.
That being done, the question will be meds... to take them or not.
I'm definitely not a fan of Prince Valium :hissyfit:, but I'll try :bonk: to listen to my doctor's advice. It might be better than living in a cave like a troll :crazy:

It's hard leaving the house---or the dorm, in my case. I haven't been sleeping enough lately due to anxiety/medication side effects. Nor have I been eating properly, because that would involve actually getting out of bed. My doctor said food and sleep are the two most important things, but it's so hard dragging yourself to dinner when it's already cold outside.

Sparrow its good to have a good GP Im lucky I have one too, I would talk to your GP they might be able to help. I take Valium when Im anxious and its the only med that works for me, dont take it all the time because its addictive, but it gets me through, I can relate to alot you say, I hardely leave my flat, have to to do the shopping wish I didnt anyway sending you hugs:hug::friends:

Sparrow

A Little Update,

Well, I finally saw my doctor this morning. We ended up mutually agreeing on my taking Lorazepam, but to take it only when I feel very badly or anxious and not everyday.
She also got me on a waiting list for an anxiety support group, I thought...why not! Later I phoned the hospital for more details and found out it is a 12 week/session stint of CBT :) but the waiting list is 3 month's long :(. Oh well, I'll take the good with the bad.
So now I've basically got a couple more tools for my toolbox. And I'll be taking the med not at the same time as my pain meds, but perhaps with a meal to seperate them.
Somehow I felt reassurance today. And... thanks for everyones replies and thoughts on the forum too (more reassurance:))

Jazzey

Account Closed
I'm happy everything went well Sparrow - I take Lorazepam when things get rough - it's really not bad. A lot milder than others out there.

Again - you were in my thoughts today and I'm relieved that you feel some peace now.

J

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I am happy things went well Sparrow :D
I am so glad you feel reassured, it is a good feeling isn't it? :yahoo: :rock:

:flowers:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.