More threads by Thoraxe

Thoraxe

well i know i posted this on a different forum but i was redirected here by Daniel and i wanted to see if anyone has the same condition as me which is the Hedgehog's Dilemma this means that i cant get close to people for the fear of either hurting yourself or hurting others and on top that i cant seem to interact with people for the reason that maybe i put them off because because im a nerd or maybe because i can answer questions in the blink of an eye (of course im talking figuritively) and hence making them intimidated by this but this has put me into a state where i cant stop thinking about it and quite frankly i cant live with myself like this almost to the point where i cant live with myself and i feel that nobody even recognizes me for being different instead they hate me for it so if anybody can plz help me plz do.

Note: see http://forum.psychlinks.ca/other-disorders/21893-hedgehogs-dilemma.html

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

i searched the web for answers, for people like me and ive come up with nothing................i feel so alone

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry the people cant see you are struggling Have you talked to anyone a professional about your social fears. I am afraid of getting to close to anyone because i don't want to feel the rejection. I would rather just stay on my own Rejection is so painful so i can understand that pain you are having. Talk with a psychologist or someone that can help you change in dealing with people okay. I just want to say i can relate and i know how difficult it must be for you take care.

Thoraxe

thanks Violet at least i know that im not alone now but ive already talked to a psychologist in fact i see one every week and i also see a therapist agin weekly this was all triggered through apparations that appeared while im awake but ive always had social problems since elementary school

I am glad to see you are getting some help are you taking any medication for your anxiety. I am it helps some. I have always been shy i had someone always do my talking for me. I hope therapy helps you because it is not easy living in isolation take care okay

Thoraxe

I'll take care now that i know that im not alone in my struggle with anti-social behaviour but unfortunately i dont take any medication for my social anxiety disorder but i hope to talk to my therapist about this when i see him this week thanks Violet

Know you can talk to me anytime okay I think the medication is good it has help me calm down and not be so fearful. I am glad your posting here as it does help to know one is not alone dealing with any issues :2thumbs: up for you for getting help for yourself.

Thoraxe

thanks violet and i took some of your advice and i went to go see my therapist and i was prescribed some medication to help with my dissociative disorder but unfortunatley i had alot more wrong with me than i thougt and got some more pills for insomnia and thank you for listening to me and i'll take you up on your offer:)

I am glad you reached out and got some help. The medication will take awhile to kick in Ihope the side effects are not to bad.. Give them about 2 weeks you should notice a difference okay. Your therapist will help you as well i am glad you got professional help. Stay strong okay let me know how the medication is working What did you get prescribed I am on cipralex
I am off to work now. take care okay stay strong

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.