More threads by Hunter

Hunter

My husband befriended a woman who he used to work with. She was good to him at work during his health crises.

They were going out every weekend until I gave him the ultimatum to stop seeing her. It was me or her but not both.

So for three weekends they never saw each other but would text each other. This weekend we got word that she attempted suicide because she lost a good friend, yes my husband.

She's ok, thank God. But I am feeling horrible she came really really close to dying. She took her 14 and 16 year old to her sisters then took a bottle of aspirin and other pills. I feel this is my fault and I am feeling horrible. She's home from the hospital and my husband and her are texting for the past hour. She promises if my husband is in her life she wants to live. They have become good friends and now I feel they have to remain good friends, to save her.
Feeling hurt but happy at the same time that my husband brings her out of her depression and suicide attempts. Not sure how else to feel.

Not sure I want to share him. I know there is nothing sexual going on because of his health hes not able to have sex.

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
This weekend we got word that she attempted suicide

She took her 14 and 16 year old to her sisters then took a bottle of aspirin and other pills.

I assume you are getting all of this information from your husband, which is supposedly relayed to him from his woman? If so, how do you know if any of it is true...or not being exaggerated?

In any case, you and your husband seem to be overdue for couples counseling.

Incidentally, relatively few people die each year from aspirin overdose. Far more likely is opioid overdose, which is something you have mentioned you have done recently: Don't want to die just want the pain to end. That is just one reason you should be focused on what is best for you rather than being distracted by this drama.

And if your husband is more concerned about this woman than you, then you may just want a divorce lawyer instead of a marriage counselor.

Last edited:

Hunter

My husband and I both picked her up from the hospital thats how we know. Her kids are still with family.

We are both very concerned about her She seems happier when she's talking to my husband so I've agreed to let them be friends. I don't know but I feel obligated to help her. She basically has no one close to her. Her family are hours away in another city. I like the fact that my husband can help her. She's a kind person and loving person to her kids. I've met them all, and I'm totally ok with us being there for her, but she brightens up when talking to my husband and I feel I just have to help her.

This weekend her car broke down we boosted her car and took it to a shop. We paid for a battery but was told by the mechanic that they could not release her car because there were wires coming out of her two tires. My husband and I paid for 4 tires and a battery because she just doesn't have the money. I feel good doing this and expect no money in return. I too have become close to her and her kids.

2 months ago I truly would not have cared about her...until I met her. Call me crazy but I've become friends with his girl friend. My husband assured me they are only friends and his girl friend has told me she is not interested in him. So that makes me feel so much better.

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Call me crazy but I've become friends with his girl friend. My husband assured me they are only friends and his girl friend has told me she is not interested in him. So that makes me feel so much better.

Why do you refer to her as his girlfriend? That has a certain romantic connotation, at least where I live. I assume he wouldn't use that term, even if it was a romantic relationship.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.