More threads by lallieth

lallieth

It's time for me to try again..I am tired of it,the taste,the smell,the effects on myself and family,just tired of it all.It makes my acid reflux alot worst which causes sore throats and upset tummy...It costs too much,it takes away from my ability to smell/taste/breathe properly and iam just TIRED OF IT ALL

I want to breathe again,to smell again to taste again..I am going to think of a goal to spend the extra money on in one year's time..

I NEED to do this for myself and myself only.I have my patches/gum (I know not to use both at the same time)and have set a quit date for March 17th

Forgot to add..I am going into this program UOHI CARDIAC PREVENTION AND REHAB QUIT SMOKING

its so worth it , giving up, I did 5 years ago and it was very hard but im glad I did, we have a free cessation service, and a nurse came to visit me and give support, I used the little inhalers, they are like ciggies and you puff on them, found they helped as it was like still smoking, doing something with my hands, and then I was put on the patches, anyway good luck!

braveheart

Good for you!

My friend quit with the NHS programme, and hasn't touched a ciggy in several years.

To my great relief as I and smoke don't get on well!

And to her health's relief, too. :)

Let us know how you get on!

ladylore

Account Closed
That's great! And I am glad that you are seeking assistance to help you out. Its not as simple as it use to see. Good for you. :)

thephoenix

I just wanted to drop in and wish you luck and let you know that you can do it. I smoked for nearly 15 years and was able to quit, you sound like you're ready for an amazing transformation.

I originally quit (for nearly two years) with the patch but when I found myself smoking again I turned to Allan Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking and I can't recommend it highly enough. It helps you to see smoking and why we do it in a whole new way. Amazon.co.uk: Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Allen Carr: Books

I find the three first days the hardest.

Banned

Banned
Good for you, Lallieth! Are you going to put the money you will save aside on an ongoing basis, so in a year you can take an amazing vacation or something like that?

Congrats - and we will be here to support you 100% of the way!

ladylore

Account Closed
Good for you, Lallieth! Are you going to put the money you will save aside on an ongoing basis, so in a year you can take an amazing vacation or something like that?

Congrats - and we will be here to support you 100% of the way!

Definitely will be. :yahoo:

lallieth

I had my appointment last night at the heart institute and it went well.I have a prescrip for Champix and will have set a quitting date.This will be one the BEST things I ever do for myself and I am looking forward to being SMOKE FREE.

lallieth

So how is it going with the quitting smoking? Im ready to quit again, maybe we can have a good support group going :)
Hi Meagan

I haven't quit yet.I have my Champix and an appointment at the Ottawa Heart Institute to see a smoking cessation nurse on April 23.

Shaymus

I have to quit smoking too. Im either on my last pack now or i might go buy one or two more since i still have a little money left. After that though i will need to quit as well.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.