More threads by Ashley-Kate

My psychologist spoke to me today and told me that i am going threw PTSD.. ad have been ever since the event... I get flashes of it all the time they don<t seem to go away .. according to her by talkng about it and getting it out will stop the flashes and the nightmare... I don<t know if i can .. i was abused. by my X b/f what mor eis there to say .. sur ei am not really able t say that out loud yet nore am i able to tlk about it or let a guy even tuch my hand without feeling dirty or getting flash backs.. .. i am not too sure about her theraputic aproch although she probaly knows what she is doing i am nervous.., i don<t know if i cantrust anybody anymore and she seems really nice and listens to my every word .. but i don<t know if i can ever trust anybody.. a symptom of ptsd .. could it be my fear of being anywere neer a man, my flashes .. and my nightmares.. sometime durring the day i kind of lose track of time normally durring my flashes.. is that ptsd or is it something else.. like my flashes are pretty intense sometimes even my nightmares .. i donT< knwo if i can trust only one opinion.
yours truly ashley-kate

My psychologist spoke to me today and told me that i am going threw PTSD.. ad have been ever since the event... I get flashes of it all the time they don<t seem to go away .. according to her by talkng about it and getting it out will stop the flashes and the nightmare... I don<t know if i can .. i was abused. by my X b/f what mor eis there to say .. sur ei am not really able t say that out loud yet nore am i able to tlk about it or let a guy even tuch my hand without feeling dirty or getting flash backs.. .. i am not too sure about her theraputic aproch although she probaly knows what she is doing i am nervous.., i don<t know if i cantrust anybody anymore and she seems really nice and listens to my every word .. but i don<t know if i can ever trust anybody.. a symptom of ptsd .. could it be my fear of being anywere neer a man, my flashes .. and my nightmares.. sometime durring the day i kind of lose track of time normally durring my flashes.. is that ptsd or is it something else.. like my flashes are pretty intense sometimes even my nightmares .. i donT< knwo if i can trust only one opinion.
yours truly ashley-kate

Heather

Oh sweetie,

It does sound like PTSD but only a professional who knows you can say and if she has said it is I am sure it is. I was told I have it too if that helps and through counselling it is affecting my life less and less.

I am not able to say a lot today, sorry.

But please don;t be too hard on yourself.

Heather...

Heather

Oh sweetie,

It does sound like PTSD but only a professional who knows you can say and if she has said it is I am sure it is. I was told I have it too if that helps and through counselling it is affecting my life less and less.

I am not able to say a lot today, sorry.

But please don;t be too hard on yourself.

Heather...

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The kinds of things you are describing would certainly be consistent with PTSD, Ashley. I think based on your descriptions that you can trust your psychologist to know what she's doing.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The kinds of things you are describing would certainly be consistent with PTSD, Ashley. I think based on your descriptions that you can trust your psychologist to know what she's doing.

I know i can trust her but .. well i thought i could trust many people and they ended up betraying and hurting me ..sure that<s not really in her job description.. but i don<t know she explained a bit my flashes and made the comparison like a bee.. when when it comes neer i shut it out but it is always there and will resurface when i least exect it and when it relates to something i live in my present.. i don<t know what she means exacly her comparison is slightly .. odd..
ashley-kate

I know i can trust her but .. well i thought i could trust many people and they ended up betraying and hurting me ..sure that<s not really in her job description.. but i don<t know she explained a bit my flashes and made the comparison like a bee.. when when it comes neer i shut it out but it is always there and will resurface when i least exect it and when it relates to something i live in my present.. i don<t know what she means exacly her comparison is slightly .. odd..
ashley-kate

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
It's actually a pretty good description, I think, although it may be confusing to you right now. Why not ask her to explain it to you when you next see her? You need to tell her what worries you and what you don't understand - she can be a much more effective therapist if you can be a partner in your own therapy.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
It's actually a pretty good description, I think, although it may be confusing to you right now. Why not ask her to explain it to you when you next see her? You need to tell her what worries you and what you don't understand - she can be a much more effective therapist if you can be a partner in your own therapy.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.