More threads by dark

dark

Hello everyone,

Thank you for allowing me to be part of this wonderful community. I'm also a member of the 'psychForum' and 'www.schizoids' forums.

I'm not diagnosed schizoid, but have some of the traits. I will say I'm very introverted, shy and unsociable, but try to be sincere, genuine and honest. I do work for a large corporation as mechanical engineer and an industrial music enthusiast. I'm here mainly to learn, but will provide comments if I have something intelligent to offer.

Cheers,
-Douglas

Blaze

Re: introducing myself...

Welcome!!!! I absolutely love industrial music!!! I hope you find the forums a welcoming place for you!

braveheart

Hi Douglas and Welcome!

I have some Schizoid traits [among lots else] and can relate a lot to your saying

I'm very introverted, shy and unsociable, but try to be sincere, genuine and honest

[except I do have a sociable part to my personality, part of the whole dissociation thing I have going on... but that's another story!]

dark

I just welcomed you in another thread but what the heck - it's Christmas! Welcome again... :)

David - Thanks again; how's the weather in Ottawa, Canada?

Welcome!!!! I absolutely love industrial music!!! I hope you find the forums a welcoming place for you!

We'll talk more later; about the music that is. I'm attending an industrial music festival in Montreal, Quebec May 08', same as last year.

Hi Douglas and Welcome!
I have some Schizoid traits [among lots else] and can relate a lot to your saying [except I do have a sociable part to my personality, part of the whole dissociation thing I have going on... but that's another story!]

I have relatives in Leeds and been to London several times and loved it (although expensive) - most recent, Nov 05' and Aug 06'. Stayed in the hip 'Leicester Covent garden' zones. I can be sociable too, but it takes me a while to warm up to people, plus I don't like to compete for air time; besides, I'm rather soft spoken. Are you always lonely? Usually I'm fairly content.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
It's warm in Ottawa today... still some snow out there but the roads are great for driving! :x)

My grandfather used to live in Leeds (Otley actually) and my mom was born in Yorkshire. I spent some time there as a kid... loved the moors, hated the tiny roads, especially sionce my grandfather was the worst driver in the history of drivers... :panic:

dark

It's warm in Ottawa today... still some snow out there but the roads are great for driving! :x) My grandfather used to live in Leeds (Otley actually) and my mom was born in Yorkshire. I spent some time there as a kid... loved the moors, hated the tiny roads, especially sionce my grandfather was the worst driver in the history of drivers... :panic:

Working class blue collar Leeds? I would think Ottawa colder today. A few days ago my friend said it was snowing in Montreal, same as you perhaps. When I was there the first week of April 07', I couldn't believe how cold it was. Wow! Mind you, I didn't dress warm enough!

I'm lonely a lot, yes. ..
I don't go to central London much, I live on the outskirts.

Well - we're born alone, live alone and die alone, so lonely pertains to all of us. I would be lying to say I'm never lonely.

Another good friend lives in South Harrow/London UK.

Halo

Welcome to Psychlinks Douglas :welcome2:

I am glad that you decided to join us and I hope to see you around the forum :wave:

dark

Welcome to Psychlinks Douglas :welcome2:

I am glad that you decided to join us and I hope to see you around the forum :wave:

Thanks Halo! It appears wonderful people exist in this community.
Happy Holidays!

Last edited by a moderator:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.