More threads by Vinton

Vinton

I'm on 75 mgs effexor and 750 mgs of epival.. I also have ADHD. I had tried concerta before but tics were awfull. Went to see him 2 weeks ago and he started me on strattera . After 12 days, I' m very tired, sleepy and down.
It appears that it occurs at the beginning of the treatment.

He also said that if it does not work he would look into lamictal but from what I've read of the sites listed in your reply, I'd be better off with sheep manure..

Halo

Vinton,

What exactly from what you read concerns you and makes you believe that it is not a good medication?

I was on it for a while and it seemed to work for me at that time. I only had one negative side effect which was nausea but that seemed to go away for the most part after about 2 weeks.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I have had several bipolar clients who were on lamotrigine (Lamictal) and who felt that for them it was the best medication they'd ever taken.

Note that the lamotrigine would likely replace epival.

Vinton

I'm trying to figure out the cause of my symptoms and maybe I did..

I'm on 240 mgs of andriol for testosterone therapy.. At the same time that I started strattera, my GP raised my andriol up to 320 mgs..I have just remembered many years ago that a psydoc had told me that my mood would stabilize when my hormones would.f go down..

Could that be possible.

Halo

Vinton,

From what I understand, yes hormones can definitely play a part in ones mood if the hormone levels are not stable. If you think that your homones may be playing a part in your mood instability, I would strongly suggest that you go to your doctor and discuss it with him. Maybe ask for some more sort of hormone tests to determine this so you know for sure.

I used to take Lamictal for bipolar and I quit taking it because I got a rash on the inside of my elbow and I was worried about Steven Johnson syndrome, which is tied to rashes.

I now take lithium which used to make me really tired but I am used to it now and don't have to take two naps a day. I like lithium. The other worked but the rash worried me a bit.

prayerbear

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.