More threads by Lonewolf

Lonewolf

When I was going through all that stuff as a kid, i learnt that the only way I would get through it was to detach my mind from my body, not literally-obviously! I could be surfing on beautiful ocean waves, the sun beaming down and glistening in the deep blue water! Watching other people laughing and smiling! While he did what he had to! My only problem was that my mind soon came back to join up with reality!

Because I have opened a big can of worms when trying to find therapy to sort myself out! I have tried so hard to detach my mind and body again, but I just don't seem to have a way of doing it anymore! Right now I really wish I could! :eek:mg:

I hope this is ok to put here? I apologise if not, I'm just trying to reach out cos I'm driving myself mad with all this stuff wiZzing round my head!

GDPR

GDPR
It's good that you're reaching out.

If you're looking for advice on how to detach your mind and body again, I don't have any. I seem to be an expert at it,although I don't think I do it purposely.And I'm not sure how I do it,it just happens.

It has it advantages when it happens.I can get through some rough times doing that,but it never resolves anything,it always comes back to bite me.

Have you tried setting a certain day or time to allow yourself to think about everything? Sometimes I can do that,decide that I will push it all away until like 5:00 at night or something. That sometimes gives me a little control over all the thoughts and memories.Sometimes it works,sometimes it doesn't.

Have you tried listening to the ACT Observer Exercise? It has really helped me out at times.It can be found here: http://forum.psychlinks.ca/acceptan...y/27441-act-observer-exercise.html#post216447 . But don't just listen to it once,listen to it like every day for awhile,or even more often if you need to.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.