More threads by ReneeDavis2311

I hate being Black girl?it?s a curse. Black girls are deemed the least desirable and least attractive race. I would have been happy if I was born any other race or was at least mixed so I could have had a better chance at looking decent. Black female features are considered unfeminine many people even say that they look men. I always hear people say that, ?It?s hard to find a pretty Black girl?she usually has to be mixed to be pretty?. Mixed Black girls are labeled more attractive than full Black since they tend to have light to medium brown skin, nice facial features, and pretty curly coily hair. Dark skin is considered a masculine trait and natural Black hair is viewed as unattractive. I will never forget I wore my hair out natural and posted a pic online and got all negative comments like ?I don?t like her hair?, ?Afro = no?, ?need to get rid of the pubic hair on your head?, ?what?s wrong with your hair?yuck?, ?your hair is horrible?, etc so I am NEVER showing my natural hair again. Majority of guys even go for light skinned girls who are White, Asian, Latina, Indian or mixed. Many Black guys also choose these girls over Black girls. There are only few guys that actually like Black girls and those guys are hard to find. I am horrified and hurt that I was born this way. People have always told me to ?love myself as I am? which drives me crazy especially when the person who says it is some other race. Maybe it?s easy for them to love themselves but they have no idea how it feels to live being a Black female. I was bullied all through elementary, middle and high school because of my hair and skin. Because of this I developed depression and anxiety issues and it all just gets worse. I really want to lighten my skin and get a weave. I hope that this transformation will not only make me look better but attract a guy my way. However, I only want to date non-Black guys. When the time comes to have children I want a mixed baby girl so she will have a much higher chance of looking pretty as opposed to being just Black. If she is pretty and mixed she will have a better life growing up than I ever did. Anyway the first step to making this work is lightening my skin. Do you know any good skin lightening creams? Do you have any other ideas on how I can improve my appearance?

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I am sorry that you have heard things like these said. I think a lot of them have come from racist people who just want to make some people feel bad about themselves, in a sick way to make themselves feel better. They are not healthy or true or accurate viewpoints and there are millions and millions of people who absolutely do not feel these ways. Sometimes even the people themselves who have certain features, start believing the wrong things and believing untruths.

All people are beautiful. I really really truly believe that.

At the same time we do desire certain things for our bodies to be, or we want to try something different, or have fun with the different things that science and invention can do do us. That is okay too and can be a lot of fun. But still remember that you are ALWAYS beautiful no matter what, without anything changed or done to you.

HBas

The most beautiful top models in the world are black girls, I really agree that you should revisit your view point.

All the best.

Andy

MVP
Renee,

I am so sorry you feel this way about yourself. I would have to disagree immensely with what your saying though. I am sorry you may have been around people that have been rude to you and changed your perception on how you feel about yourself. All I can think of when I read your post is that THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE SAID THESE THINGS TO YOU ARE TRULY UNATTRACTIVE.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.