More threads by white page

Jazzey

Account Closed
:D I like that WP. And like everyone else here - I'm proud of what you did today. Not surprised, but proud. :)

amastie

Hi WP :)
I initially had the same feeling to let the police know but if talking to her will work then maybe it's worth a try. Just wanted you to know that I'm sending thought to help strengthen you in this difficult situation :hug: :support:

:dance: a little update , I am so happy this evening ; the lady with the alcohol problem came in today , to announce that she had seen her doc ,

and .......................... she is booked in for a 6 week cure starting on the 5th of March :wow::wow::wow:
I am so pleased for her , that she kept her promise and faced up to her problem .

what I found extremely touching was that she came in especially to tell me , as if it was a point of honour , and part of her road towards her cure . I gave her a huge hug .

I can't tell you how happy I am for her , as I said initially she is a real sweetie normally . woo hoo .

Halo

That is great WP....you must and should feel very proud of yourself :yahoo: You did a great thing for this woman and she has you to thank :hug: :hug:

Jazzey

Account Closed
Thanks for the update WP. And it is real tribute to you WP :). I'm not surprised that she came in to see you today. I'm sure she's grateful to know that you cared enough to talked to her about her problem.
:thewave::cheerleader:

Last edited:

ladylore

Account Closed
That is great WP.

As someone who has dealt with addiction - you may want to gently remind if needed the the consequences still hold. Your overjoyed that she is going in treatment and the ramifications of driving over to your place under the influence will still result in you calling the police.

That is great WP.

As someone who has dealt with addiction - you may want to gently remind if needed the the consequences still hold. Your overjoyed that she is going in treatment and the ramifications of driving over to your place under the influence will still result in you calling the police.

Thank you Ladylore , that is a very good point , I will certainly do that if she comes in again before next thursday , was so pleased today that it never entered my head to say that . as you say it is so important that there is an unwritten contract about not drinking and driving , I must admit that when I hugged her I did sniff to see if there was an aura of alcohol about her as there had been before , there wasn't, neither was there any thing like mint which which may have been used to mask it ( felt a bit of a creep after for sniffing but that's normal I think to feel suspicious ).
So I really do think that she is making an effort ,in the day time at least .

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
That is fantastic White Page. I truly feel your genuine and kind nature shine through on the forum, so I am sure this lady felt it too. :hug:

I am so glad you were able to have an impact on her in this postive way.

As Ladylore said, I would still be prepared to call the Police if necessary.

I am glad when you hugged her today, that there was no aromas of alcohol. Many people have the misconception that, mints and chewing gum do mask it, infact it does not.

I am so proud of you White Page. :cheerleader:

LOVE the new atavar by the way! It is so adorable! :kiss2:

amastie

Dear WP,
I've come in too late to truly support you but I'm *rapt* that you found the confidence to face up to the woman, and now to see what has been the outcome is truly wonderful! Like Jazzey has said, I'm not surprised that you had the courage, and the skill to do it, but I'm still awfully proud that you showed it *so* strongly in this case.
:flowers: :dance: :airkiss: :cheerleader:

A little update,last week I saw the lady with the self medication problem, she came in to say hello and to announce that she now had a part time job, the first time for years.
I haven't ever seen her look so happy.

I feel so good about this, for her and for my intervention. I know that things are still very fragile for her. But this is so positive, as she is no longer socially isolated and has some structure in her life.

Last edited:

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
What wonderful news! :dance3:

It sounds like this has been a real turning point for her. It's a great message for all of us, I think. :2thumbs:

I agree Meg, It also shows the power of the right words, If I hadn't been able to come here, to discuss this, I may not have had the courage to take her aside, or had the right words to say to her, the fact that she was ready to hear those words and act on them is one of those gifts in life. :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.