More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I'm not sure why but there is a problem with Blogger / Blogspot blogs.

What you need to do is go to to Feedburner and set up an account with your Blogger feed. What Feedburner does is convert it to an real RSS compatible feed. They'll give you a URL. Enter that URL into your User CP options.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Hmmm... that isn't working either, Miette.

Leave it as it is for now. I have donwloaded a couple of other "latest blog" systems. Give me a couple of days to figure out how to configure them and I'll see if they work any better with blogger.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Did you delete it, Janet? Now I don't see anything.

Miette, how did you determine the specific URL to use? Specifically, what are those /feeds/post/default parts?

I did delete it. I put it on there and it just showed my "Tulips" post as being the last one and I've updated my blog twice since then. :confused: I waited about an hour and ten or twenty minutes or so and deleted it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I guess I'll go back to trying Wordpress. :hide:

Miette

I actually figured that out using feedburner... when I signed up for feedburner and typed in the url for my blog, it detected two feeds... one of them was the atom feed that we couldn't get to work before, and the url I used was the other feed it detected.
HTH!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I've been investigating this further and it appears that the format:

[pre]http://{blogname here}.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss[/pre]
will work with most if not all blogger/blogspot feeds.

Remember that the information is not updated automatically so don't be dismayed if your latest blog post does not appear for a few hours.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.