More threads by Atlantean

Atlantean

Sorry everyone for not replying sooner. I have spent most the last few days in bed asleep.

CPS did retain custody of alex, though I am being as proactive and working on as much as I can to get him back, and of course being as cooperative as possible with the powers that be.

I get to see alex next tuesday or wednesday, and Im looking forward to that, going to video the whole thing so I can watch it over and over.

...Still sober, though many times I have wished I werent.

I will continue to pray Atlantean for you and your son. I know you will do everything in your power to get costody again. Try to stay strong and continue to use the people here for much needed support for you. Constantly in my thoughts and prayers mary

Halo

Atlantean,

I am sorry to hear about your son but I will continue to keep you in my prayers that things work out. I am glad that you have stayed sober because drinking now will only complicate the matters as I am sure you know.

Take care and hang on tight....you will get through this!
:hug: :hug:

Atlantean

Thanks, Mary. I think it will take one or two months, but at least Ill have my weekly visits. Just getting to see him will steel my reserve and give me the strength to continue on.

---------- Post added later and automatically merged ----------

Atlantean,

I am sorry to hear about your son but I will continue to keep you in my prayers that things work out. I am glad that you have stayed sober because drinking now will only complicate the matters as I am sure you know.

Take care and hang on tight....you will get through this!
:hug: :hug:

Thanks Halo. I know its more important than ever to maintain my sobriety, its just so funny because I only drank four times this year, yet now I have such a struggle not to. I think its just my (old) way of escaping the pain that I have to learn new ways of dealing with. Hell, maybe sometimes its okay just to cry. I dont think I ever really tried that before. Ive always escaped or dissociated, Ive never just felt. Im starting to cry now, and it a strange way it feels good. Maybe for little bits at a time I can handle it. I just cant handle pain.

Just know in the end Atlantean you will be together again and this whole ordeal will be behind you. I know you will stay strong for Alex thanks for the update mary

Jackie

Atlantean,

Have just read this thread and though I cannot really offer any help, wish I could, just want to you to know your in my thoughts, things will be ok in the end just hang on in there:hug::hug:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Hell, maybe sometimes its okay just to cry. I dont think I ever really tried that before. Ive always escaped or dissociated, Ive never just felt. Im starting to cry now, and it a strange way it feels good. Maybe for little bits at a time I can handle it. I just cant handle pain.

Go with this, A. See where it takes you.

Atlantean

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. Sorry for going MIA< I was just dealing with things the only way I could.

It was funny timing though, right after I said maybe sometimes crying could be a good thing, I got a call from a therapy place and the lady was asking me what my background was and what was going on in my life, and I just kept crying. I thought it was ironic that after I opened up to it, a situation would present itself that would be somewhat provocative to doing it.

Ill be offline for a while. Thank you to everyone for your support and your prayers.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.