More threads by MHealthJo

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
(As I started finding the right smileys in the list, I was surprised how cathartic and expressive it was to just name what you've been experiencing.)

:disturbed::blue::moody::crushed::distant::dontknow::geek::shock4::woohoo1::whew::thewave::heart::zzz:

GDPR

GDPR
:love-it:

---------- Post Merged at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:58 PM ----------

:rx::doctor::badwords:

(As I started finding the right smileys in the list I was surprised how I don't even know what some of them mean,especially these two: :beguiled: What the heck does"beguiled"mean? :cocksure: And I am afraid to ask what "cocksure" means)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Beguiled is like bewitched. Cocksure means overconfident. From the other word for rooster, strutting around the yard like he owns the place.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
( Example sentences: "Dr Baxter must be feeling very cocksure right now about his excellent vocabulary." :cocksure: :cool: :rockstar:

"Great vocab is such an admirable quality. It is making me feel beguiled." :read: :teach: :rockstar: :beguiled: :love-struck::wow: )

GDPR

GDPR
:stupid:

Thanks for the definitions and examples.

I must say though,what a strange little word cocksure is,I have never heard it before.And I can't imagine myself ever using it in conversations,but I think I will now,just because it is so strange and sure to get a reaction.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Yumm... 😋

(I'm also interrupting this smiley thread for a small amnouncement. Just FYI I've been using the Tapatalk app for this forum lately, and the app doesn't let you unlike or unthank if you thank or like something accidentally. So I hope you've all been enjoying watching me like certain posts weirdly and thank/like my own posts. 😂😂)

(Carry on. 😂)

amazingmouse

Account Closed
Easy to use, very user friendly, a bit too much :) I had some privacy concerns with it, but if you live alone, it is fine.

---------- Post Merged at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Beguiled is like bewitched. Cocksure means overconfident. From the other word for rooster, strutting around the yard like he owns the place.
I feel overwhelmed with the words :)

Banned

Banned
I don't like tapatalk for this forum but it works well for another forum I'm on. It has less content so it's easier to use I find.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I'm finding Tapatalk okay but not great, but I keep being bad at remembering my forum password lately. And I don't need to remember it if I use Tapatalk. So... here I am on Tapatalk. 🙃

making_art

I find it very convenient.... like now while I'm having coffee at macdonalds[emoji275]
I dont like having to update so often though!

GDPR

GDPR
I instantly hated it the first time I used it ,and never tried it again.But,I think it had more to do with being a creature of habit and familiarity rather than Tapatalk itself.

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I did not like it either - not from the first minute. I am a creature of habit too though :facepalm:

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Same as you guys. I generally hate having to spend time and frustration learning something new or a whole new system, in order to do something I could previously do just fine.

It ended up being due to previous phones dying or other things out of my control, which forced me to use a new solution. :D

That's generally the only thing that ever makes me figure out new technologies or learn new and different ways of getting something done. :panic: Is there a "Luddite" smiley?!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.