More threads by arsenal

arsenal

Was wondering if anyone had any advice, during certain situations I can't stop thinking about certain things and it makes it hard for me to go out and when I do, there are times I just feel like screaming, i'm often telling them to **** off and eurgh, its a bit confusing and hard to explain. basically i have a heightened awareness of certain people who intrude on my privacy physically and other ways, don't want to say too much here, but how can i control my own mind and train it not to stress over this all the time and ignore certain people?

also, I wanted to know if clozapine is licensed to treat other illnesses apart from schizophrenia.

thanks for any feedback in advanced.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Was wondering if anyone had any advice, during certain situations I can't stop thinking about certain things and it makes it hard for me to go out and when I do, there are times I just feel like screaming, i'm often telling them to **** off and eurgh, its a bit confusing and hard to explain. basically i have a heightened awareness of certain people who intrude on my privacy physically and other ways, don't want to say too much here, but how can i control my own mind and train it not to stress over this all the time and ignore certain people?

Do yiou have a psychiatrist or therapist currently, arsenal? How best to manage intrusive or obsessive thoughts depends in part on the diagnosis and the nature of those thoughts. We do not provide diagnoses here but you might find some helpful suggestions in the threads at Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder :: OCD - this is common in OCD and in some other mental health conditions.

also, I wanted to know if clozapine is licensed to treat other illnesses apart from schizophrenia.

I believe it can also be used for bipolar disorder but because of the side effects it is usually a medication that is tried only after others have proven to be inadequate or have their own side-effects for an individual. To be honest, I've not personally encountered anyone on that medication who was not diagnosed with schizophrenia.

arsenal

sorry just need to rant and get things out, can't read just need an outlet, really pisses me off. it makes me even angrier that i know a lot about this yet i don't, not in the sense that i have no knowledge at all, i do, but i can't get it out, not in a way others will understand because of the fuyc eurgh, whatever, just getting thoughts out for people is balh. I don?t know who is who anymore or who knows what. Maybe I am right in thinking then when i took the clozapine before, it was the tablet that emptied out my mind, it was that they (yeah you, not for the random person they, you know who, whatever) ceased the torture and the tests so that it would reinforce what the drs believe to be psychosis. They aren?t me, they haven?t been through what I have. I can?t comprehend how I can get the strength to save certain family members the way I did, if all the evidence I had wasn?t based in reality and even looking back now when I?m not paranoid I can see that I was right. What on earth do I do? I feel like I am trapped and I?m not sure what is and isn?t safe anymore, who is genuine and who isn?t. What happens if my brain is dulled and i don?t get back the intuition I had before and when the even more serious things start to take place, well, I wont be that person i once was who had the power to actually help people and be selfless, this hasn?t been for me, its been for everyone else yet strangely someone said i threatened them when I was educating them. People ruminate over stress, so why when i say i?m anxious is it misconstrued as something unreal and i?m asked if its due to psychosis. I?m so lost and stressed and frightened and feel way to exposed and maybe it is the psychosis coming back not trusting certain people, but how on earth can i wholeheartedly trust anyone when there is such a huge amount of deception in the world and i can be targeted like this without any consent! I have someone else?s cat sitting on my life, it may sound absurd that i?m worried that as it?s looking at this screen information is being transported back to their deps, but how can anyone say i am wrong? No one knows, about what? Thats where it gets even more confusing, no one knows anything really, because everyone has a different reality and even the things they think are in the surroundings might in face be false and just well not even there. Gosh, i have been through so much, funny how his head pops up as i start to, woah, don?t trust whatever. Shits.

arsenal

I gained a mammoth amount of weight, the drs were being horrible and kept me in the hospital feeding me tablets and not letting me out and now i have pains in my joints and the gp moaned at me about my weight and i told them they wouldnt be fitting the gastric band i would shortly need, finally my nurse said she was worried and i did try, i gave it one last chance but whatever. they like to give out anti-psychotics too easily or something, in my case, just because i have a schizophrenic parent and i think i'd be more of an expert on that than they are, i know because i dont have all the fancy scientific language if i was a scientist they wouldn't have sectioned me, to be honest i don't understand. one dr said to me that when you start having side effects it means its at the right dose, so they stopped at 20mg of olanzapine last year but my periods stopped, then i thought about all the other drugs they gave me and they all gave me side effects at doses that weren't even at therapeutic dose. anyway, i guess considering the clozapine is so sedating it just dulled my head completely and well, i'm stuck, i've left somewhere, im extremely stressed so we all discussed the clozapine as they said its the one that has worked, i dont want to get ill like i have done in the past but then maybe i shouldnt take it now as im just stressed, not JUST stressed, stressed but im not paranoid, i dont think, not paranoid like i have been and i see the main thing is that i dont hurt myself. eurgh, how on earth, i dont know. what if i take it and im calm and im not so anxious anymore so i can go out but then i cant go out because im so overweight. right now im a few stones over my normal weight.

can anti-psychotics CAUSE psychosis? I ask this because i wasn't paranoid until after they gave me the tablets, i can't concentrate on anything, well i can, just not what i need to nor can i read a book. if they had treated the depression 5 years ago i probably wouldnt be where i am now.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

oh and don't worry, i'm not asking for a diagnosis, no one should know me like that on this site otherwise i wont be rude, doesn't matter. in the last however long, won't mention, i've seen 3 different diagnosis and it shows they don't have a clue and i don't agree with any of them. i've diagnosed myself with an inability to tolerate overwhelming stress, which is understandable and a disorder of interacting with humans out in the real world.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
No, anti-psychotic medications cannot cause psychosis. They can certainly priduce some of the side-effects you mention, like weight gain, although that's not inevitable for all people, but they can't produce a psychosis that didn't exist previously.

In your posts here, your thinking seems rather scattered and a little disjointed. How long has it been since you stopped your medications?

arsenal

what happens if someone takes one and they don't need it? I was only a teenager and i was depressed and after those stupid tablets got into my blood stream i started hearing my mum talking to me which was psychosis because she wasn't even there so of course i stopped them when and on top of that it made me feel like i had worms under the skin in my face. after the clozapine they chose a different one and actually made out i chose it and spoke rudely to me for stopping it when it made me lactate at a dose that wasn't theraputic and made me hyperactive to the point police tried to tell me i was smoking cannabis, not only smoking, but smoking whilst talking to them, they gave me something else and messed around with that which led to what i said above about the gp being rude about my weight, i had gone there for constipation. it got to a dangerous point. ive taken some olanzapine since stopping it, my dr said not to go without one and i was getting so stressed my jaw was clenching so i needed a sedative. thats all they are though, they say with schizophrenia they assume its to do with dopamine but they dont know for sure, so they give you these tablets that slow down your brain or your body and brain, clozapine was the one that emptied my brain but sent me into a zombie state at first, it took a while to recover after taking that but its hard to know where to draw the line really, espcially when your not somewhere that you can buy tablets. didnt they call anti-psychotics major tranquillisers?

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

just to say as well, that my level of stress isn't linked to stopping the tablets, i was coping okish until i read a sign about being aware of brain implants and since then, well they were just initiating the crap again. fed up.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
We don't yet know precisely how a lot of medications work to cure various phsyical and mental illnesses but the fact that they work to help manage, reduce, or eliminate symptoms is what's most important.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.