More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Our society is much more interested in information than wonder, in noise rather than silence."

~ Fred Rogers

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
From Jerry Seinfeld's elementary school report card:

“Jerry does a little bit too much fooling around in class, and not enough constructive activity.”

Source: Jerry Before Seinfeld (Netflix)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“Original ideas are the easy part. Actually producing the idea as a successful product is what is hard.”

― Donald A. Norman, The Design of Everyday Things

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Anyone who has ever been privileged to direct a film knows that, although it can be like trying to write War and Peace in a bumper car at an amusement park, when you finally get it right, there are not many joys in life that can equal the feeling."

— Stanley Kubrick

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“The Muse visits during the act of creation, not before. Don't wait for her. Start alone.”

“Socrates told us, "the unexamined life is not worth living." I think he's calling for curiosity, more than knowledge. In every human society at all times and at all levels, the curious are at the leading edge.”

― Roger Ebert

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Apple - Heres to the crazy ones / Think Different - YouTube

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits.
The rebels.
The troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.

They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing that you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things.

They invent. They imagine. They heal.
They explore. They create. They inspire.

They push the human race forward. Maybe they have to be crazy. How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels? And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"We are all born with genius. It's like our fairy godmother. But what happens in life is that we stop listening to our inner voices, and we no longer have access to this extraordinary ability to create poetry."

"The real issue is not talent as an independent element, but talent in relationship to will, desire, and persistence. Talent without these things vanishes and even modest talent with those characteristics grows."

"To design is to communicate clearly by whatever means you can control or master."

"Computers are to design as microwaves are to cooking."

~ Milton Glaser

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."

~ Carl Sagan

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."

~ Arthur Schopenhauer

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"There is no security in following the call to adventure. Nothing is exciting if you know what the outcome is going to be."

~ Joseph Campbell

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"The very essence of the creative is its novelty, and hence we have no standard by which to judge it."

— Carl Rogers

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change."

~ Brené Brown

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation - either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course."

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Rather than encouraging consumerism and competitiveness, we should be encouraging altruism, creativity and spirituality. Perhaps most of all, this should begin with an overhaul of education systems, which tragically neglect these areas, in favor of training pupils and students for a treadmill of unfulfilling striving.

~ Steve Taylor, PhD, Addiction and a Lack of Purpose

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.